Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I am so glad you included Max's plates in the 'highs' I've just been sat giggling away remembering them

It's great to read this and look back on the highs and lows and remember the trippie.

I also love how much alcohol you fit into the trip, I'm determined to have more next time

I have loved following along, from the pre-trippie to the trip report. It's been lovely and so many hints and tips along the way. I'm really looking forward to following the DLP report and the pre trippie/trippie of the August 2019 trip ... also hope there is a August 2020 trip in the pipeline xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by JackyH View Post
Fabulous trip report. Looking forward to the next one and also DLP as I’m off there in September.
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. We had fun in DLP, but Kate did tell me off a little for making too many comparisons to WDW. I'll probably post day 1 next weekend, I've written it I just need to sort out the photos.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I am so glad you included Max's plates in the 'highs' I've just been sat giggling away remembering them

It's great to read this and look back on the highs and lows and remember the trippie.

I also love how much alcohol you fit into the trip, I'm determined to have more next time

I have loved following along, from the pre-trippie to the trip report. It's been lovely and so many hints and tips along the way. I'm really looking forward to following the DLP report and the pre trippie/trippie of the August 2019 trip ... also hope there is a August 2020 trip in the pipeline xx
The plates had to be included, there was a sort of happy predictability in the dining report...I would enjoy a cocktail and if we were at a buffet Max's plates would be the best!

I'm sure I could have squeezed in a couple more cocktails, I might try this summer to see if I can beat this year's total maybe max could provide more buffet plate entertainment.

I'm sure there will be a trip in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022

It's been so lovely chatting with you over the last year or so. I can't wait to see how your kids have grown since your last trip. I'm sure Caitlin won't be a drama llama any more . You can't stop going on Florida holidays as I want to see them all grown up too! Tell Chris there's at least another 10 years of Florida hols just for me, Ok maybe don't say that or he might have a fit.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The plates had to be included, there was a sort of happy predictability in the dining report...I would enjoy a cocktail and if we were at a buffet Max's plates would be the best!

I'm sure I could have squeezed in a couple more cocktails, I might try this summer to see if I can beat this year's total maybe max could provide more buffet plate entertainment.

I'm sure there will be a trip in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022

It's been so lovely chatting with you over the last year or so. I can't wait to see how your kids have grown since your last trip. I'm sure Caitlin won't be a drama llama any more . You can't stop going on Florida holidays as I want to see them all grown up too! Tell Chris there's at least another 10 years of Florida hols just for me, Ok maybe don't say that or he might have a fit.
They make me laugh so much, I'll be sorely disappointed if Max doesn't provide them this time

There's always room for more cocktails and I'm looking forward to seeing even more

It's been lovely chatting to you too. I'm wondering if the next time you go Max will smile for photos or is he still in the 'too cool to smile' club? Oh trust me she's even worse now let's just say hormones are involved (please send help ) Oh we'll definitely not stop going, that's a given now ... Chris just doesn't know it yet

I'll be sat with my cup of tea awaiting each report Thank you again for sharing and taking time to answer comments and questions xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
They make me laugh so much, I'll be sorely disappointed if Max doesn't provide them this time

There's always room for more cocktails and I'm looking forward to seeing even more

It's been lovely chatting to you too. I'm wondering if the next time you go Max will smile for photos or is he still in the 'too cool to smile' club? Oh trust me she's even worse now let's just say hormones are involved (please send help ) Oh we'll definitely not stop going, that's a given now ... Chris just doesn't know it yet

I'll be sat with my cup of tea awaiting each report Thank you again for sharing and taking time to answer comments and questions xx
Poor Caitlin, it's tough going through all that stuff. It's very difficult not being in control of your emotions. I have to say I don't think I'd want to go back and relive those teenage years, I know lots of people wish they could, but I think it's pretty tough going through all those changes.

I should have included some of photos of Max looking as bizarrely that was a highlight. When we went to NYC the year before he was so grumpy we had a whole series of photos entitled 'Max hates' him at the empire state, brooklyn bridge, statue of liberty. Honestly he was a having a good time it's just that he hid it really well and you couldn't tell he was enjoying himself by looking at his face. I'm sure he will eventually grow out of it and of course by then Kate will be a teenager

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Poor Caitlin, it's tough going through all that stuff. It's very difficult not being in control of your emotions. I have to say I don't think I'd want to go back and relive those teenage years, I know lots of people wish they could, but I think it's pretty tough going through all those changes.

I should have included some of photos of Max looking as bizarrely that was a highlight. When we went to NYC the year before he was so grumpy we had a whole series of photos entitled 'Max hates' him at the empire state, brooklyn bridge, statue of liberty. Honestly he was a having a good time it's just that he hid it really well and you couldn't tell he was enjoying himself by looking at his face. I'm sure he will eventually grow out of it and of course by then Kate will be a teenager
It is, I definitely wouldn't wish to be back to that age ... apart from not having the responsibilities of kids and a house

The one where he spun you around in the teacup still has me bad laughing that was a true smile photo. Haha oh dear, it's obviously just the teenage thing ... although Thomas seems to have taken up the I'm not gonna smile thing in our trip too ... must be boys. They do say girls are worse ... just preparing you

Just think in a few years time they'll be almost adults and we'll be wishing back to these times xx
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Aer Lingus really appeals to me, the 2-4-2 seating, the pre-clearance, the reasonable prices. We have miles to use with BA but once we’ve done that I’ll likely go with Aer Lingus for off-season travel.

I am so pleased you love POR I think I’ll have to treat myself to a night in a Princess room sometime in the future, and I'm sure Nik will agree because POR is his favourite resort. You are so lucky to have (inadvertently) stayed in a Pirate room and a Princess one. The kids are right about the pool at POR being a little uninspiring, the one at French Quarter is much better.

The EMH HS pictures make me laugh, Max is so poker faced on the rides, I am telling myself that Kate looks like ToT is fun, and Max looks like it’s a walk in the park, so surely, I can do it!? But I've been telling myself that since I saw the photo the first time

I bet the kids loved going off on their own whilst you were enjoying the Nomad Lounge.

Dave and Max were certainly having a ball on 4 Parks in 1 Day!

You are so right that the lows fade over time and we just remember the magic Thank you so much for sharing with us, you did so much and I am so jealous of your boundless energy.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It is, I definitely wouldn't wish to be back to that age ... apart from not having the responsibilities of kids and a house

The one where he spun you around in the teacup still has me bad laughing that was a true smile photo. Haha oh dear, it's obviously just the teenage thing ... although Thomas seems to have taken up the I'm not gonna smile thing in our trip too ... must be boys. They do say girls are worse ... just preparing you

Just think in a few years time they'll be almost adults and we'll be wishing back to these times xx
Ooh the tea cups photo was lovely it was a look of pure joy on his face.

You're right I'm sure in a few years I will be wishing I could be back to now.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Aer Lingus really appeals to me, the 2-4-2 seating, the pre-clearance, the reasonable prices. We have miles to use with BA but once we’ve done that I’ll likely go with Aer Lingus for off-season travel.

I am so pleased you love POR I think I’ll have to treat myself to a night in a Princess room sometime in the future, and I'm sure Nik will agree because POR is his favourite resort. You are so lucky to have (inadvertently) stayed in a Pirate room and a Princess one. The kids are right about the pool at POR being a little uninspiring, the one at French Quarter is much better.

The EMH HS pictures make me laugh, Max is so poker faced on the rides, I am telling myself that Kate looks like ToT is fun, and Max looks like it’s a walk in the park, so surely, I can do it!? But I've been telling myself that since I saw the photo the first time

I bet the kids loved going off on their own whilst you were enjoying the Nomad Lounge.

Dave and Max were certainly having a ball on 4 Parks in 1 Day!

You are so right that the lows fade over time and we just remember the magic Thank you so much for sharing with us, you did so much and I am so jealous of your boundless energy.
I do think there are big plus points for aer lingus. Perhaps next time I'd allow longer for the connection, but 2.5hours seemed like it would easily be enough time. It sure felt like we only made it by the skin of out teeth though.

Pirates and Princesses! Both great rooms, you should see the princess room some time, it was beautiful. The pirate room was pretty cool though. I saw it again recently on a Tim Tracker vlog I think when they had a tour of resorts. The kids both thought the big barrel with the fridge inside was so cool. It didn't look like they had changed at all from our trip. That was such a surprise when we opened the door and realised what we'd got. I wonder if there's anyone else who has inadvertently booked a pirate room! Ha ha probably not! It's not the sort of thing people do by accident.

I am so looking forward to POFQ I think we are going to love it. The pool looks like it's going to be great. I'm trying not to be sad that there's no quiet pool. I guess we could wander to POR if we want a bit of quiet pool time.

Maybe this year will be your year for ToT. It's kind of like going over a hump back bridge or raised level crossing a bit too fast as you lose your stomach. That guy on the right hand side with his arm casually draped over the seats must be crazy! I like to hold on to the seat handles, although I was really brave in Paris and managed to let go. I was pretty proud of myself for that!

I'm kind of glad I didn't write a highs and lows review when we first got back, while it would have been more balanced and I would likely have mentioned the weather (too hot and too rainy), buses (too late and too crowded), people (too rude and too many of them)...there were also days of perfect weather, bus rides when we were the only passengers and people who were friendly and courteous so the good balances out the bad. All of that becomes less relevant as time passes and I'm grateful of the time we had together and the fun we shared.

It really is the most magical place and I cannot wait to do it all again. I've been doing some reading about dvc but do not tell Dave

Old 20 Mar 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ooh the tea cups photo was lovely it was a look of pure joy on his face.

You're right I'm sure in a few years I will be wishing I could be back to now.

I do think there are big plus points for aer lingus. Perhaps next time I'd allow longer for the connection, but 2.5hours seemed like it would easily be enough time. It sure felt like we only made it by the skin of out teeth though.

Pirates and Princesses! Both great rooms, you should see the princess room some time, it was beautiful. The pirate room was pretty cool though. I saw it again recently on a Tim Tracker vlog I think when they had a tour of resorts. The kids both thought the big barrel with the fridge inside was so cool. It didn't look like they had changed at all from our trip. That was such a surprise when we opened the door and realised what we'd got. I wonder if there's anyone else who has inadvertently booked a pirate room! Ha ha probably not! It's not the sort of thing people do by accident.

I am so looking forward to POFQ I think we are going to love it. The pool looks like it's going to be great. I'm trying not to be sad that there's no quiet pool. I guess we could wander to POR if we want a bit of quiet pool time.

Maybe this year will be your year for ToT. It's kind of like going over a hump back bridge or raised level crossing a bit too fast as you lose your stomach. That guy on the right hand side with his arm casually draped over the seats must be crazy! I like to hold on to the seat handles, although I was really brave in Paris and managed to let go. I was pretty proud of myself for that!

I'm kind of glad I didn't write a highs and lows review when we first got back, while it would have been more balanced and I would likely have mentioned the weather (too hot and too rainy), buses (too late and too crowded), people (too rude and too many of them)...there were also days of perfect weather, bus rides when we were the only passengers and people who were friendly and courteous so the good balances out the bad. All of that becomes less relevant as time passes and I'm grateful of the time we had together and the fun we shared.

It really is the most magical place and I cannot wait to do it all again. I've been doing some reading about dvc but do not tell Dave
Have you been watching the DIS DVC videos? It's always been a bit of a mystery to us so they have really helped us get to grips with it all. Ultimately, I think whether or not it is worth it for UK residents all depends on the future of free dining.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Have you been watching the DIS DVC videos? It's always been a bit of a mystery to us so they have really helped us get to grips with it all. Ultimately, I think whether or not it is worth it for UK residents all depends on the future of free dining.
How did you guess? exactly my thoughts too...

As a party of 4 we really get good value out of free dining and of course the cost of tickets and food would be significant, when you add in the annual dues I'm sure it would end up being around what we pay now.

The big plus is the idea of being able to stay in some of the deluxe resorts that I only dream of. I loved the look of the bay lake tower room, I bet it was fab. Plus I'd love to stay at one of the Boardwalk resorts and just walk to HS and Epcot.

All the while we can get free dining though I think that it's a non starter. Plus I'm conveniently forgetting that I don't have a spare £15k to £20k laying around.

Old 20 Mar 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How did you guess? exactly my thoughts too...

As a party of 4 we really get good value out of free dining and of course the cost of tickets and food would be significant, when you add in the annual dues I'm sure it would end up being around what we pay now.

The big plus is the idea of being able to stay in some of the deluxe resorts that I only dream of. I loved the look of the bay lake tower room, I bet it was fab. Plus I'd love to stay at one of the Boardwalk resorts and just walk to HS and Epcot.

All the while we can get free dining though I think that it's a non starter. Plus I'm conveniently forgetting that I don't have a spare £15k to £20k laying around.
Even Pete was gobsmacked that there are cash buyers It's not something that is a realistic prospect for us in the immediate future but we'd love to do one of the DVC tours sometime to get a better idea of the finances etc. Unfortunately, now that Nik has watched the videos and he's a bit more clued up I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to con him into buying like I can with most things