Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 17 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
We went completely overboard and bought the wholesalers out! Something like 15 tubs of haribo, everyone going to be in a diabetic coma 😂
That sounds like my kinda wedding 😂!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We went completely overboard and bought the wholesalers out! Something like 15 tubs of haribo, everyone going to be in a diabetic coma 😂
Can we come?! Haha.

We’re just about to confirm the amount of save the dates that we need as they are being made for us now! Starting to feel more real but I know now the stress of RSVPs etc starts... for example we are inviting people we know can’t come (because it’s rude not to). I’m hoping they confirm they can’t come before we have to send them an actual invite!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Can we come?! Haha.

We’re just about to confirm the amount of save the dates that we need as they are being made for us now! Starting to feel more real but I know now the stress of RSVPs etc starts... for example we are inviting people we know can’t come (because it’s rude not to). I’m hoping they confirm they can’t come before we have to send them an actual invite!
I have a couple of those planned too!
I have a question... do you send save the dates to people who’re just invited to the reception?
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
I have a couple of those planned too!
I have a question... do you send save the dates to people who’re just invited to the reception?
Save the dates are usually only send to full day guests. Our wedding is still over a year away (just about!) so we are sending these out to those invited to the day .

If you want to send them to those coming to the reception, I would word it as “save the evening” because most people would assume they are invited to the full day if they received a save the date
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Save the dates are usually only send to full day guests. Our wedding is still over a year away (just about!) so we are sending these out to those invited to the day .

If you want to send them to those coming to the reception, I would word it as “save the evening” because most people would assume they are invited to the full day if they received a save the date
That’s what I was thinking. Fab, thanks! I’ll probably just send reception invitations out ☺️
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Yeah we aren’t bothering with save the evenings
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well i’m at 6 days now, and am starting to get quite anxious.
Just dreams of things going wrong, my mother (who I am estranged with) turning up uninvited, forgetting my dress etc etc etc
My wedding ring has now turned up and is lovely, so that’s good news.
Off to the wholesaler today to pick up our pick and mix so that will be a fun thing to do
Just wanted to pop in and see how you are? You’re almost there now, wow. Time to put your feet up if possible, relax and just enjoy. Saw your post about the RSVPs and that hasn’t surprised me at all but you won’t care on the day. What’s your plan for the next 3 days?
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hi, yeah the RSVP thing is doing me in. I had a big chase and got everyone paid for and lined up, and they are dropping like flies this week. Good couple of hundred quid wasted already, and I’m sensing there will be more to come..

Otherwise I’m ok, full up on Berocca as my OH has had a bad cold, which I caught mildly but I am literally weeing bright orange trying to keep myself from succumbing fully.

I think Friday will be a busy day of collecting people from stations, dropping the dog off, picking up my dress and taking a million things to the hotel, but really until then, there isn’t a huge amount to do now. I’m off to the beauty salon tonight, and making my favours tomorrow after work, but that’s about it really.

We had a mild panic at the weekend when my niece tried on her flower girl/bridesmaid dress that we had bought her in December, and it no longer fit… Cue my sister having to drive from Scarborough to Leeds to buy her a new one!

All of a sudden I’m a bit more anxious and snappy than I have been, just worrying about things really. I just want everyone to have a good time and it go well. We had FIL say he didn’t want to sit at the top table yesterday, to which he was told he had to behave…

Otherwise all good really..

How about you? Must be getting all very real for you too? Feeling ok?
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh bless you. If it makes you feel any better, I was at a friend’s wedding on Saturday. In the week leading up to the wedding she had family members dropping out, she lost a diamond from her engagement ring, 3 separate guests asked if they could bring random plus ones...

And she went on to have an amazing day, loved every minute of it, things did just come together.

Deep breaths. You’ll be fine and I’m sure you’ll have a fab day. Will be thinking of you!

Yes I am good, feeling really looking forward to it all. Finish work on Friday so I have a week off to relax beforehand. Just feel excited, I’m sure something will crop up to give me a last minute heart attack though...
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have a fabulous day tomorrow Mitch84 xx

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List