Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 4 Mar 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

Hi, I've only just found this thread.

We are in Disney when the Star Wars runs are on but I've just checked and unfortunately they are sold out.

Could someone tell me when registration roughly opens so I can be more prepared next time.

Thank you.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by doodles View Post

We are in Disney when the Star Wars runs are on but I've just checked and unfortunately they are sold out.

Could someone tell me when registration roughly opens so I can be more prepared next time.

Thank you.
I registered for Aprils 5K on 28th August which I think was the first day you could register. All the details of the different race event are on the RunDisney site. rundisney/events/
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by doodles View Post

Thank you.

Sent you a PM..acclaim travel have some bibs!
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Back nearly 2 weeks now after running in the Princess Half Marathon weekend and wow it was fab! Even got to finally meet Elsamac and her friend in person! My 10 year oldDD and i ran the 5k. My DH DS(13) and DD ran the 10k and I ran the half too. It was quite an exhausting trip as usual but the races were fab! Very hot for all of them but very well organised! I had planned to go back for the Dopey 2020 but looks like its princess again!
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Jockey, sounds like you had a great time and well done to all your family I’m deep in training for Liverpool, spreading my long runs to every two weeks trying to avoid injury so it’s a slow build up, did 17 last week very slowly. Was in The Wirral last week for work so seeing Liverpool across the Mersey gave me some encouragement. Good luck with your next race
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Anyone planning to register for Wine and Dine? Registration opens in almost exactly 24 hours and I'm about 95% certain I'll be registering, and if I do go it'll be my first USA RunDisney event!

Only things holding me back are annual leave dates (as can't confirm my annual leave 100% yet) and the fact that my foot hurts from plantar fasciitis these days!

I did provisionally book a room at Pop over the Wine and Dine dates though! It was through the US site so refundable/changeable until 5 days prior to check in.
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I did my first Run Disney race ... the 5k at Princess Weekend. I only started with the couch to 5K in January so I was pleased to have completed the race.

Wow, it was hot and I was really surprised how many people walk from start to finish. Also I am sure that some runners put in times that there is no way they can do just so they start in the higher carrels and get to the Disney characters early on. Just my view but would be interested to know what others think.

We only flew out on the Thursday and had to rush to get our bibs and register as soon as we landed. It at least meant it wasn't a shock getting up at 3am as we were still on UK time. DD did the 10k and the 1/2 marathon.
DD has already signed up Wine and Dine as it opened to annual pass holders last week and we are both looking to go out for Dopey in January where DD will do all 4 races and I will do the 5k & 10K.
I just now to keep on with my running and get up to the 10k distance.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

Edited at 03:45 PM.
walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
Hi Jockey, sounds like you had a great time and well done to all your family I’m deep in training for Liverpool, spreading my long runs to every two weeks trying to avoid injury so it’s a slow build up, did 17 last week very slowly. Was in The Wirral last week for work so seeing Liverpool across the Mersey gave me some encouragement. Good luck with your next race

You are doing well being at that mileage! We are doing the Half in Liverpool so hopefully see you there! Good you saw Liverpool and that has encouraged you ..I think its all mental!

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Anyone planning to register for Wine and Dine? Registration opens in almost exactly 24 hours and I'm about 95% certain I'll be registering, and if I do go it'll be my first USA RunDisney event!

Only things holding me back are annual leave dates (as can't confirm my annual leave 100% yet) and the fact that my foot hurts from plantar fasciitis these days!

I did provisionally book a room at Pop over the Wine and Dine dates though! It was through the US site so refundable/changeable until 5 days prior to check in.

I would love to do W&D have ran it twice but I have Berlin and Dublin Marathons before so will have a wee rest after those! I hope you get the PF sorted ..good luck hope you get registered!
Originally Posted by walden64 View Post
I did my first Run Disney race ... the 5k at Princess Weekend. I only started with the couch to 5K in January so I was pleased to have completed the race.

Wow, it was hot and I was really surprised how many people walk from start to finish. Also I am sure that some runners put in times that there is no way they can do just so they start in the higher carrels and get to the Disney characters early on. Just my view but would be interested to know what others think.

We only flew out on the Thursday and had to rush to get our bibs and register as soon as we landed. It at least meant it wasn't a shock getting up at 3am as we were still on UK time. DD did the 10k and the 1/2 marathon.
DD has already signed up Wine and Dine as it opened to annual pass holders last week and we are both looking to go out for Dopey in January where DD will do all 4 races and I will do the 5k & 10K.
I just now to keep on with my running and get up to the 10k distance.

Michelle
Michelle I agree there are people in Corrals who should not be. My Daughter and I can do a 5k in around 25 mins...the kids can do a 10k in around an hour but I would say the heat and character stops kept us back! A friend of mine asked me to wear her bib and mine for the races as I was in A and pass my bib out to her to get into that corral..I refused and we are no longer friends ! During the half I saw a lady around mile 12 tho was walking ..ahead of me... I glanced at her bib she was in corral G... how did she overtake me whilst walking..she cut the course, missed out all of MK! Did you see the posts about the lady who had her bib stolen and the family all ran the 5k and 10k with them?

Good luck with the 10k training!
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post

I’m hoping to sign me and my family up for the 5k tomorrow, but I read tonight that the 5k sells out in minutes and I’ve got 4 of us to register I’ve done a dummy booking for the star wars 10k and it’s gong to take me a minute or two to fill in all the info for each of us. I’ll be devistated if I can only get 2 or 3 of us registered has anyone got any experience of making multiple bookings? Will I have time to get us all registered before they sell out?

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List