Old 4 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I did the darkside last year the 5k and the challenge great medals
Im signed up for the wine and dine weekend this year the 5k and the challenge looking forward to it
i have the clumber park race for life half in july as part of the training for it
I arnt the quickest Im one of the slowest but feel so proud to finish
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Thanks for doing this
I used to like browsing the social group
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great to have a runners thread now that the social groups are no more!
I did Princess weekend 2016 (completed the 5k and the GSC).
Planning on registering for Dopey on the 17th 😱 which will be my first WDW marathon weekend and first solo trip!
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Brill to see so many comments guys ! So many people doing Paris ..I really need to do this..maybe next year!

Someone asked about Paris races and yes so far only once a year in September! Maybe they will do more as there is nothing at Disneyland at the moment!
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4andcounting View Post
Great to have a runners thread now that the social groups are no more!
I did Princess weekend 2016 (completed the 5k and the GSC).
Planning on registering for Dopey on the 17th 😱 which will be my first WDW marathon weekend and first solo trip!

I cant WAIT to register for Dopey...bit nervous tho too!
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsamac View Post
I've got Princess 2019 to look forward to but DLP in Sept this year! Thanks for starting the thread I'm hoping to be more active now that I've got some Disney races to look forward to

And Dopey 2020 too right...? Or was it 2021 lol
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Angeshall View Post
Yes, just one run weekend at DLP. The half is run on the Sunday morning, which this year is 23 September. Try and find a 10 miler to do, it's a good distance to help you step up to the half. I did the Liverpool 10 mile road race two weeks back, it's was fab.

Kirkby milers do a 10 miler around Knowsley safari park in October if you fancy it.

I've got a couple of 10Ks coming up and then the Rock n Roll half in May. Day before we fly to Orlando!

I am doing the Liverpool rock n roll was registered for the full but I will probably do the half as I am feeling lazy lol
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
Well done Jockey, we are back in the RunDisney business and general running chat Good luck to everyone training out there. No RD races for me at the moment but I have the Cathedral to Castle Run this Sunday 10 mile multi terrain, Lichfield to Tamworth and whilst it's not Disney Tamworth has a castle
Thanks for the heads up about the social group! At least you have a local castle lol
Old 5 Apr 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Brill...are you dressing up? My DD has just turned 10 she is doing her first 10K..we are doing the 5K too..i dread getting her up for the early starts lol
I'm Andy's DW so I'll reply on behalf of him as I'm sure he hasn't seen your question. We are dressing up ish! We have some t-shirts that I have customised with R2D2 minnie & Mickey Ears, plus our names on the back in Disney font. We have white football socks with blue stripes round the top (in keeping with the r2d2 colour theme), I have had r2d2 mickey ears made from someone on Etsy and Andy plans to buy the r2d2 hat when we get there. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the full on costumes. Are you all dressing up? Good luck to your daughter... and this is my first 10k too

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Padfoot
Getting Excited

Thanks for the heads up on the new thread. Was wondering what happened with the social group.
We could not get the flights we wanted for the Wine & Dine , so that’s out of the picture.
We have not made a decision about the Dopey - might leave it until 2020.
I’ve reserved a place for the Bath Half in March 1019. All I’ve got to now is get fit after a year of constant ankle injuries !