Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Sep 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Itineraries for 3&4 year olds

Going in June next year
My girls will be 3&4.
We are only doing Disney.
Staying offsite on I drive with a car.
Going for three weeks.
Planning on M.K. for 3 days. Ak, Epcot,mgm for 2 days. 1 day each water park.

Have tried to make sure there is a rest day between most the days.

Not sure which park to do first. How long we should stay in the parks
Not taking a buggy so they will be walking. They are quite good at walking already. Not had a pram since youngest was 2.
Obviously want to fit in as much as possible without everyone getting cranky.
Kids and husband don’t have any patience for waiting in long lines.
Eldest is very tall already at 41” and will probably go on every ride she can
Youngest is 36” currently. She is trying to “grow like a flower” at the moment as she wants to go on the rides but pirate one is the one she’s been asking for most which is good job there’s no height on that one. She would go on everything if she was tall enough tho.

Any tips from parents with younger kids?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

I would definitely start with Magic Kingdom as your first park, that first time you see the castle is fab!

I would also reconsider the buggy - we went with my niece when she was three and it really helped her keep going all day she hadnt used one for a good year but happily got in, we also found it easier when getting through the really big crowds. Plus it meant we could carry water and smacks on the buggy which is great.
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wingsoflove
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I would also reconsider the buggy. My daughter just turned 5, so long past that stage, but she still struggled with walking & the heat at times.

There were two occasions where we were in the park all day/evening, and ended up hiring one of Disney's strollers. I saw lots of children around this age in strollers too.
Wingsoflove is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m afraid I also agree re the buggy. In that it will be very helpful! Especially at night if you’re waiting up for fireworks and little ones are getting sleepy.

But you can buy cheap easy to fold ones from Walmart, so play by ear.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
But you can buy cheap easy to fold ones from Walmart, so play by ear.
This is what I would suggest - go on your arrival day and get one for cheap.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My grandson will be four and hasn’t used a buggy for a long time. However a recent visit to chessignton world of adventures taught us a biggy is a must.

We are going to hire one for the two week. I’d rather push a buggy than drag a tired child around
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d agree with the buggy! My eldest two were just 2 and almost 5 when we went. We couldn’t have coped without a buggy. We didn’t have a double so hired one through Kingdom Strollers. Lovely double baby jogger city mini gt. A joy to push and it really stopped them from getting too tired.

I’d book fast passes for every day that way you’ve got them if you do decide to go to a park and can cancel if not. We found lots of short days worked better than long days and a lot of rest days.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree about the buggy now I’ve had time to think but can’t convince husband. He still wants to see how first day goes then but one if needed.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I would definitely have a buggy for those ages, the parks involve a massive amount of walking even for an adult, and with the heat too they are going to get tired quickly. Both mine used one at least some of the time at 4 when we were there, and if nothing else it is sonewhere to put stuff instead of carrying it!

We tend to be in the park for opening, leave around lunch when it is hot and crowded, then possibly go back in later in the day
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I too would urge you to,get a buggy. My DD has been going to,Disney since she was 3 and needed a buggy up,to about 6 ish. It's a long day and the parks are huge. Plus they can nap,in a buggy. Buy cheap,from local,supermarket and trash at the end of your holiday. Rather a buggy than tired, crying children and a disgruntled hubby!
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List