Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 1 Dec 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

Hello. Hoping to go in 2020, two kids, husband doesn't want to come

Hi

Looking to book in February/March 2019 for a trip to WDW Florida in February 2020, utilising the half term break.

Husband doesn't want to come and I think it best we go without. He would be very grumpy in Disney World for two weeks

Anyone else go to Disneyworld and leave their partner at home?

K

Edited at 08:21 AM.
VibrantEpiphany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes, my husband hates anything "fun" so I have been 5 times with my kids and we had a brilliant time without having to worry about him, He came with us once to the theme park in Benidorm (can't remember the name), we went just for 1 day and didn't get there till 11ish then had to leave at 4 because he'd had enough. Go for it!
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of Dibbers do so. I went with our 18 year old daughter in October for her 18th birthday, we had a brilliant time. DH was perfectly happy at home 😀. I have a trip report started on here of our trip and I’m sure there are other trip reports of mums with younger children who have gone alone which may be useful for you to read.

Have fun planning, lots of helpful advice on here to help you have a wonderful holiday 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Also you say you want to book Feb/March, if there is any free dining offers which isn’t guaranteed of course, it is usually offered from end March/early April so you may want to wait until then to book?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you for the positive replies Picalily and DisneyDaffodil.

I am starting to think my husband really dislikes things that are fun too Picalily. It may be how he is ageing :-).
He likes theme parks but I am usually the one to push for us to go on a trip, like when we have gone to Paultons park and Legoland. He more has a real dislike of the idea of going to Disney World. He is also against going to the US at the moment.

Thanks for the tip on waiting till March/April. The free dining offers. Are they the dining plans?
I think going with the kids by myself, I would like to sort out a dining package before we go.

My children will be 7 and 10 in Feb 2020, but almost 8 and 11. They can both swim and the eldest is quite mature for her age.
VibrantEpiphany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes they are the dining plans, if you stay onsite for over 5 days you get a free dining plan depending on the class of accommodation you choose. So you get 1 free quick service meal at a value resort, you get the quick service plan at a moderate resort and full dining plan at the luxury resorts. You can also upgrade your free one if you wish for the extra cost. There are excluded periods but these are mainly Easter or Christmas so you should be ok for your dates.

Your daughters sound the right age to go with you and help a little and enjoy the trip planning with you too. Have fun
Old 1 Dec 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I think it is a good idea to leave him at home. If he doesn't like it it would spoil the holiday for you all. I clicked on this thread because I accidentally read it as taking two husbands.(I'm not well today). Just imagine what a nightmare that would be!
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome I've been 3 times to disneyworld without the hubby, he hates it.
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hi and welcome to the Dibb

Enjoy planning your trip

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Just a slightly different slant from my experience. DW hated theme parks, we had brought the kids to a few in the UK, Chessington, Thorpe Park, etc and DW hated them, avoided the rides and was generally off form the whole time.

In 2010, we decided to go to WDW, 'for the kids', supposed to be a once off. Although the kids and I were really looking forward to it, I did have some concerns about how DW would be. But she loved it, totally switched off from the outside world and immersed herself in the holiday. She has now become the biggest Disney fan in the house, which is a feat in itself, and is the main driver for returning again and again. Pretty much every other holiday we go on has to be compared to WDW re costs and potential.

It may or may not happen with your DH of course, but it really is a different 'reality' to other Theme Parks as you know it.

So I wouldn't completely discount him coming, but if it transpires that he doesn't, I would definitely go for it with just the kids.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List