Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jan 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I feel your pain. I spent months last summer searching through Airbnb and villas and hotels looking for a decent two bed around Trogir/split area for this summer. Prices were ridiculous. In the end I booked for Portugal as the costs were roughly half for accom. Very cross though as wanted Croatia. Will try again next year. The July August costs were astronomical.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
We went to cavtat - ten minutes from Dubrovnik airport . We stayed in an apartment which had small pool - villa Fontana - have a look at that it may be more reasonable but does book up quickly . We used to get the water taxi to Dubrovnik and did trips to an other island . Could walk into cavtat with a choice of restaurants so didn’t need a car at all , there are places where you can book yours or days out too .
We stayed in Cavtat, lovely little resort, our two bedroomed apartment was very reasonably priced
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Thanks all. Maybe it is because we can't travel until the end of June so we are going into high season but I am finding it very expensive. We need 2 bedrooms, one with twin beds, and we definitely need access to a pool. Being close to a beach and a town would also be on the wishlist but anything decent seems to be about £150+ a night minimum.
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What is your price range? I found that an awful lot of apartments don't have pools as they rely on the sea. Is a pool an essential as I think that is likely to be one of the things bumping up your costs potentially.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

There’s a lot of apartments on airbnb,alot cheaper than £150 a night,for 2 bedrooms.
That’s from the 25th June onwards,just guessing dates.
I booked ours,for next sept,at a great price,but there’s only 2 of us travelling,to split.
Looking forward to our first visit
Tracy x
Old 8 Jan 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our Airbnb in Split cost £600 for 3 adults for a week from 16 June, the week later was the same price so much less than £150 pn. We could have booked cheaper but we were happy with this one as it is a modern apartment with 2 double bedrooms, a balcony, and is a 3 minute walk to Bacvive Beach (We google map walked it, it’s a lovely walk 😀 ) It doesn’t have a pool but I don’t really think it’s a necessity in Split, and possibly that is why you are struggling to find something suitable for your price range

Edited at 08:33 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

We went last year, stayed in a really nice 1 bedroom apartment with a pool in Cavtat just outside Dubrovnik. It was a bit of a trek into town but we appreciated the walk after a day of lounging around and it helped to burn off the pizza and ice cream!

We booked through home away, I think it was about £1000 for the 2 weeks in English schools summer holidays, we booked flights with Norwegian Air.

I could PM you the email of the owner if you are interested.
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List