Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Eddlewood bear
I want to go now!

Thumbs up Thomas cook from Glasgow June 2020

Hi, does anyone know when TC release flights for summer 2020 from Glasgow?
Eddlewood bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I don't know, but i would imagine soon, we have always booked really far in advance with Thomas Cook.

Although when we looked for this year's holiday last year, they blocked out almost the whole month of June and the prices either side were pretty high. We ended up booking to fly with them from Manchester, saving ourselves a lot of money. For 6 of us, 4 adults, 12 yo and 7 yo, flying direct from man to mco on June 26th and returning July 10th (it's only 2 weeks this time) with Thomas Cook with bags was £2300. From Glasgow it was just under 4 grand for similar dates.

I questioned Thomas Cook about it but they said something about supply and demand, despite us travelling 4th june- 21st June last year from Glasgow with them on very busy flights! Lol.

No matter, our youngest loves the night in the hotel before flying, downside is the 6 hour drive to Manchester...the way home is grim!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Eddlewood bear
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
I don't know, but i would imagine soon, we have always booked really far in advance with Thomas Cook.

Although when we looked for this year's holiday last year, they blocked out almost the whole month of June and the prices either side were pretty high. We ended up booking to fly with them from Manchester, saving ourselves a lot of money. For 6 of us, 4 adults, 12 yo and 7 yo, flying direct from man to mco on June 26th and returning July 10th (it's only 2 weeks this time) with Thomas Cook with bags was £2300. From Glasgow it was just under 4 grand for similar dates.

I questioned Thomas Cook about it but they said something about supply and demand, despite us travelling 4th june- 21st June last year from Glasgow with them on very busy flights! Lol.

No matter, our youngest loves the night in the hotel before flying, downside is the 6 hour drive to Manchester...the way home is grim!
I called TC today and they tried to sell me a Virgin flight? They couldn't tell me when the TC flights would be released, in fact they were very vague, so I wonder if they are trying to sell the Virgin flights first before their own are released?
I booked last years holiday 2 years ago at the begining of Feb so I'm hoping they will be out around the same time although TC today wouldn't commit to anything.
I have flown from Manchester a couple of times and it can save you a lot but as you say the drive home after a sleepless flight can be horrendous.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Eddlewood bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi all we are thinking of booking for August 2020. Did you book your whole trip through TC or just the flights? Really want to go but don’t want to spend money I don’t need to. Thank you for any advice
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Hi all we are thinking of booking for August 2020. Did you book your whole trip through TC or just the flights? Really want to go but don’t want to spend money I don’t need to. Thank you for any advice
Just flights
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eddlewood bear View Post
I called TC today and they tried to sell me a Virgin flight? They couldn't tell me when the TC flights would be released, in fact they were very vague, so I wonder if they are trying to sell the Virgin flights first before their own are released?
I booked last years holiday 2 years ago at the begining of Feb so I'm hoping they will be out around the same time although TC today wouldn't commit to anything.
I have flown from Manchester a couple of times and it can save you a lot but as you say the drive home after a sleepless flight can be horrendous.
What's hilarious is, I think they do MAN-GLA-MCO for cheaper than MAN-MCO. Couldn't believe when I seen it, we travel down there to get it cheaper, and they travel via here to get it cheaper! Crazy crazy crazy!

I can imagine they would be out soon.
Why are they selling virgin flights?

Try speaking to them again, through the online chat tool too, sometimes I find that it depends who you get as to how much they let on
Old 7 Jan 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eddlewood bear
I want to go now!

Tried the live chat also and they were equally as vague, they actually said they couldn't say if TC would be flying from Glasgow to Orlando at all , which I find hard to believe, it's surely got to be one of the busiest routes!
I have no idea why they are selling Virgin flights , as I said the whole experience was very odd.
Old 9 Jan 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post

We found the same for June. We usually go from Glasgow but have saved hundreds booking from Manchester.
Can I ask which hotel you use please? I’ve no idea.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
We found the same for June. We usually go from Glasgow but have saved hundreds booking from Manchester.
Can I ask which hotel you use please? I’ve no idea.
Sure, we stay in one of the runger lane premier inns. There is a North and a South, right next to each other. No idea why! Ha ha. There is a quiet back road type road that you can head to the car parks from, I think they also offer car parking and a wee transfer the the airport in the morning.

We have used this hotel (well the north or south one) 6 times so far, always cheap and cheerful, they left us a great wee anniversary gift in our room last time and the food I'd really good

Hint, I normally book straight through their site for cheapest prices, but this year I have booked them on the slightly more expensive booking.com, we have a family room and a double room at 60 quid each (honestly the most I have ever paid). They can be cancelled last minute on booking.com, so i am watching the premier inn site for a better price, if I get it I will cancel the booking.com one, if the prices don't come down on their site, I keep the booking.com one.