Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Feb 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m sure everyone appreciated the lazy start to the day. I can’t remember the last time we had a park free day, or if we’ve ever had one!

Max’s buffet plates never get old.

Nice service from Mousekeeping at OKW!

Great use of snack credits today. So impressed that all of those snacks made up a dinner.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
great day but my goodness ive put on 2 stone with that lovely food lol
Ha ha, we sure ate well! I can't even say we needed the energy and we walked it off. It was a great day.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m sure everyone appreciated the lazy start to the day. I can’t remember the last time we had a park free day, or if we’ve ever had one!

Max’s buffet plates never get old.

Nice service from Mousekeeping at OKW!

Great use of snack credits today. So impressed that all of those snacks made up a dinner.
I feel like Max's buffet plates have reached legendary status. No one can quite live up to that now can they? I've just thought about what meals are still to come and that's it for the buffets for this trip...We have 50s Prime Time, Be Our Guest, Beaches and Cream and then House of Blues for the TS meals. Such a shame if I'd thought about it properly I would have pointed it out in the write up so that everyone could appreciate his last offerings!

Yes, I don't think we've ever had a day off from parks. I'd thought we might do the crazy golf but I just couldn't be bothered to get there and the kids were happy playing in the pool. We've still not got round to doing either of the golf courses! One day...

The soups were a nice change really, as it had been drizzly earlier it did feel cooler. Although we did all laugh when I checked my phone and it said it was still 26 as that's a hot summer day here, but compared to what we had earlier in the trip it felt like soup would be a good bet. Max's brownie ice cream was a good idea and I figured what the heck we had so many snacks to use up.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day! I really enjoy a non park day at disney especially after a few glasses of fizz! 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds like a relaxing day 😊 Can’t believe how many dining credits you have left!
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
What a lovely day! I really enjoy a non park day at disney especially after a few glasses of fizz! 😊
It was a bit weird to have a day off, but we did enjoy just lazing around and not having to rush anywhere or have a schedule at all was great for once.

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Sounds like a relaxing day 😊 Can’t believe how many dining credits you have left!
The credits was all part of my plan, well sort of...Some of it was just that we can't eat all that food, but I was sort of saving some snack credits as we had 2 extra days without the dining plan and I wanted us to have some snacks for those days.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
So many lovely photos again I would be getting Max to fill his pockets with food just to get value from his dining credits

Calli Grill looks lovely with a range of different food on offer too.

Great to get a bit of Nightswimming, if only to get REM on the ipod!
It is such a great end to a day and you just get the chance to be around the resort too.
Great day once again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely chilled day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
So many lovely photos again I would be getting Max to fill his pockets with food just to get value from his dining credits

Calli Grill looks lovely with a range of different food on offer too.

Great to get a bit of Nightswimming, if only to get REM on the ipod!
It is such a great end to a day and you just get the chance to be around the resort too.
Great day once again
I'm glad you don't mind me being self indulgent and including all the photos. I find it really hard to cull them.

I had a conversation with Dave about how when we went on our honeymoon we had an old camera that had film in and you took your photo and then popped to boots to get the roll of 24 photos developed. I think we had about 4 rolls of film which felt like such a lot, yet now 100 photos is nothing, we had 1000s of photos for this holiday as we snap multiple shots of the same thing, plus you get so many with the photopass. Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is and I fear I'm sounding like an old crone! I do love all the photos of our recent holidays but I suppose the point of the rambling is I wonder if it's just a bit too much and if maybe 100 photos for a 2 week holiday is perhaps not to be sneered at...I will keep putting all the photos in though! So it seems my ramble is pointless!

With Max and the food, I just can't be bothered to moan about what he is eating while we're on holiday. I'm sure I nag way too much at home, so I reckon we both deserve a rest while away! I do appreciate that a couple of chocolate croissants and a bit of orange followed by a pancake is hardly worthy of the OOP price tags, but I'm afraid I'm guilty of the feeling that it's free food so he can eat or not eat as it doesn't feel like I'm paying for it. I know this is ridiculous, of course we haven't got the DDP for free and have paid for the room at rack rate, I've heard all the arguments for and against free DDP. I kind of subscribe to the idea that he's eating what he wants and he's happy so why worry about getting your money's worth. Again, this sounds a bit like a rant, and I don't mean it to as I do tend to order steak so that I can get the highest value from the dining plan. I guess I'm saying, he's on holiday if he wants a piece of orange and a croissant for $60 he can have it!

Wow, 2 waffle rants in a row. So sorry, don't know what came over me.

Old 8 Feb 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Lovely chilled day 👍
It was a fab day. I don't think we've ever had a no parks resort day as we always cram stuff in. It was lovely and relaxing though so well worth it.

Old 8 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
What a lovely day and such fab food photos! California Grill looks delicious!