Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

New to cruise and thinking of Sept 19

Hi all

Just looking for some help! Out of left field there has been a suggestion that we change our august/Sept plans to include a Disney cruise... The only one which fits in would be the 4nights on 2nd September. We could get an 05e category with an extended verandah for barely anything more than an inside cabin but I'm not sure whether to go for it - we would have to cancel our universal time and I'm not sure whether booking it now would mean it would be a lot more expensive than what was originally available when it opened for bookings.
I'm a little confused about it! Help please!
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You need to consider if there are other hidden costs:
Are there gratuities added?
Are drinks included in the initial costs or are they extra?
Would you want to do any excursions? If so, there would be a cost.

We have never done a Disney cruise but have done other cruises and loved it. We did consider doing a cruise this year around the Caribbean but could not find one within our price range.
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Bella Girl... Now thinking a slight change! Cutting shirt our wdw stay, 3 night cruise, kennedy on disembark day and up to universal for 6 nights 😁😁
Gratuities are extra - $12 per night each
Soft drinks included, plus we can take 2 bottles of wine on board each.
No excursions
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi only advice I would give is try to do a 4 night instead of 3 as it goes so quickly and being a short cruise I also wouldn't bother with excursions like you say. Just enjoy the ship and get off in port for a short time and grab some more wine lol or for a stroll or something. Castaway Cay is a must spending time on the Island and doing a Disney Cruise as your first cruise will be amazing and could turn into a expensive hobby. We have done 5 Disney cruises and our 6th Disney Cruise later this year and overall our 10th cruise as were hooked on cruising now.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
kevbrydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I agree if possible do a 4 night and cut universal down by a night would be my tip! The 3 night is ports every day and is far too busy. The 4 night you get a day at sea to experience the cruise a bit more.
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Ahh... So we have booked the 3 day cruise... If it helps I do listen but hadn't read the last message. I just couldn't get the 4 day cruise to work in our dates 😭😭😭
We are now booked on for 30th August for 3 nights 😂 although I'm still waiting for the invoice and confirmation to come through. I am soooo excited though! Cannot wait!
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Ahh... So we have booked the 3 day cruise... If it helps I do listen but hadn't read the last message. I just couldn't get the 4 day cruise to work in our dates 😭😭😭
We are now booked on for 30th August for 3 nights 😂 although I'm still waiting for the invoice and confirmation to come through. I am soooo excited though! Cannot wait!

You will have a ball. It's a holiday within a holiday...great feeling! Be warned it's addictive! First you get addicted to Orlando and then cruises! I will never live in a mansion but we have the best holidays!
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
You will have a ball. It's a holiday within a holiday...great feeling! Be warned it's addictive! First you get addicted to Orlando and then cruises! I will never live in a mansion but we have the best holidays!
I'm so excited! A friend went on a cruise last August... Now going on 2 in September so she been telling me. How addictive they are!
😂😂
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

Sorry to but in on this thread,my daughter and I are going on our first Disney Cruise in November. We are staying at Coronado Springs for 10 nights then having 4 nights on the Disney Dream and is the first Merry Time Cruise of the season. We are so looking forward to it cannot wait!
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
lol well 3 nights is better than no cruise! If I were you though I would definitely avoid booking any excursions in Nassau and instead stay on the ship. There wont be a whole lot going on but it gives you time to explore.