Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 15 Mar 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks- It’s useful for me to know about staying onsite. I’ve got a quote from Virgin for offsite- Sheraton Vistana lbv, virgin flights from Manchester for 21 nights for £6,374.
I’m itching to get it sorted, but think that’s too pricey. It includes car hire.
Genuinely don’t know if i’d like staying onsite Disney, I like my space and peace!
Last year we paid about £6,000 including avios flights with Aer Lingus (never again) hotel (Springhill Suites lbv and south beach Miami), car hire ,14 day Disney and 14 day universal tickets.
Is it feasible to get a similar price again for July 2020? I’m expecting it to be more, especially paying more for a bigger hotel room, but genuinely don’t want big spends on flights.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Thanks- It’s useful for me to know about staying onsite. I’ve got a quote from Virgin for offsite- Sheraton Vistana lbv, virgin flights from Manchester for 21 nights for £6,374.
I’m itching to get it sorted, but think that’s too pricey. It includes car hire.
Genuinely don’t know if i’d like staying onsite Disney, I like my space and peace!
Last year we paid about £6,000 including avios flights with Aer Lingus (never again) hotel (Springhill Suites lbv and south beach Miami), car hire ,14 day Disney and 14 day universal tickets.
Is it feasible to get a similar price again for July 2020? I’m expecting it to be more, especially paying more for a bigger hotel room, but genuinely don’t want big spends on flights.
Booking flights now will usually be expensive as the schedules havent yet been released so whoever you book with are guessing and adding in a bit of insurance to the price. Virgin flydrive is available to book now but for our family they are at least £1500 overpriced and doesn’t even give all the insurances I need for the car hire. I will be waiting until BA release their prices end of August and then monitor those for a while. Hoping for a decent fly drive deal to anywhere in Florida.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

I agree, having priced up again today, £8000 seems to be the ball park for 3 weeks without Disney tickets, but a week onsite.
I think we’ve decided today that we’ll stay offsite, so we’re in no rush to snap up a DDP.
Like you, we don’t mind flying to any Florida airport, and we are flexible about the dates as long as they fall within the summer holidays.
Does the BA sale offer much saving for July? Just priced up for this July and it was £4K.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I agree, having priced up again today, £8000 seems to be the ball park for 3 weeks without Disney tickets, but a week onsite.
I think we’ve decided today that we’ll stay offsite, so we’re in no rush to snap up a DDP.
Like you, we don’t mind flying to any Florida airport, and we are flexible about the dates as long as they fall within the summer holidays.
Does the BA sale offer much saving for July? Just priced up for this July and it was £4K.
From what I have seen and I’m not overly experienced the sales can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes people pick up bargains in the sales and sometimes they are more expensive when the sales are on. I have been in the summer for a very long time. Last year I booked my flights for October as soon as they were released in November. If I had waited until December I would have saved £200.
I have been looking at our 2020 dates recently based on the 2019 dates. For the 5 of us flying to FOrt Lauderdale and 25 nights with. A 7 seater mini van was about £3500. They currently have a sale on their car hires so it dropped to £3200 a couple of days ago. By the same token I have been looking at flying to New York for 3 nights the down to Miami then flying home from Miami with 22 nights 7 seater. This was £4500 (including 3 nights in a 4* hotel near Times Square). At the same time the other price dropped by £200 this went up £600 to £5100! Never seems to be any rhyme or reason to the prices really. I will just have the price I want in mind and when I see it I will book. I’ll then try not to look again which I failed at last year 😂

Plenty of people fly indirect and save lots of money. With us having two young children it would have to be a massive saving for me to consider it. Perhaps I am just lazy though and can’t be done with the faffing around!

Edited at 05:22 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

That’s interesting to note. I would consider indirect, I priced up the NY option with virgin last year. Whilst it was cheaper and gave us a ny stopover, accommodation in ny is not cheap. For an add on it just wasn’t worth the expense.
We flew with Aer Lingus bhx-dub-Miami last year. Our 1st flight was late, we had to run( we were told to by ground staff who rushed us through). It was a nightmare with 2 kids, 1 dyspraxic who struggles to run. Both kids crying by the time we got on the dub- Miami flight, all of us sweating, nowhere to put our hand luggage near our pre-booked seats and a lady with more front than Brighton in 1 of our 4 reserved seats, pretending she didn’t know she was in the wrong seat. It took cabin crew to move her. The icing on the cake was 4 of our 5 suitcases lost on arrival in Miami, only being returned to us 21 days after we arrived. Compensation for expenses was slow, we returned home in August, and only got our full expenses reimbursed a month ago. It nearly ruined our holiday. Indirect for me would need at least a 4 hour layover and a colossal saving.

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

We are looking for August next year and waiting to see if free dining at Disney is announced, if no dining then we will look at a villa for 2 weeks.

If we do a villa for 2 weeks we are looking at flying into Miami which we did 3 years ago, just not sure whether Thomas Cook still do Manchester to Miami.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s interesting to note. I would consider indirect, I priced up the NY option with virgin last year. Whilst it was cheaper and gave us a ny stopover, accommodation in ny is not cheap. For an add on it just wasn’t worth the expense.
We flew with Aer Lingus bhx-dub-Miami last year. Our 1st flight was late, we had to run( we were told to by ground staff who rushed us through). It was a nightmare with 2 kids, 1 dyspraxic who struggles to run. Both kids crying by the time we got on the dub- Miami flight, all of us sweating, nowhere to put our hand luggage near our pre-booked seats and a lady with more front than Brighton in 1 of our 4 reserved seats, pretending she didn’t know she was in the wrong seat. It took cabin crew to move her. The icing on the cake was 4 of our 5 suitcases lost on arrival in Miami, only being returned to us 21 days after we arrived. Compensation for expenses was slow, we returned home in August, and only got our full expenses reimbursed a month ago. It nearly ruined our holiday. Indirect for me would need at least a 4 hour layover and a colossal saving.
Thank you. That is exactly the sort of story that reminds me to ignore indirect deals for the sake of a few quid... I think half the price may get me tempted 😂
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re looking at either Easter or summer holidays or 2020. We’re hanging on to see if free dining is released as that will decide whether it is summer or Easter.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have booked for July. Just need to book flights now.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked a bit more for our trip on the free DDP so will be waiting for flights as well now 😀