Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Mar 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Which rides to book with fast pass?

Hi all, first time visit to WDW in April and our FastPass activates in just over a week so need to start planning.

Having not been before I have no clue which rides are essential fast pass picks, and which you can leave until you visit.

Kids are 7 & 13.

Any tips appreciated.
Amion68 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Mk - seven dwarves, Peter Pan, space mountain, big thunder, splash and haunted mansion. Pirates and jungle cruise get busy too

Epcot- test track, soaring, frozen but as they are all tier one you will be unable to fastpass all of these unless 3 separate visits. You could fastpass frozen, rope drop soarin and single rider test track. I then normally fast pass spaceship earth and mission space too.

HS- slinky dog, toy story mania, rock and roller coaster and tower of terror

AK - flight of passage, Everest, Kali river rapids, dinosaur and safari

These are just the ones that I try and normally do when we go. Some of the rides are quite fast rides so may not suit you as a family if you don’t like that kind of thing. I do also try and fastpass some character meets but my oldest is 6, so your 2 older children might not be as interested x

Edited at 08:59 AM.
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Barnstormer18
Helping Donald

Mobile

Chazb has covered it well for you.
Barnstormer18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by chazb View Post
Mk - seven dwarves, Peter Pan, space mountain, big thunder, splash and haunted mansion. Pirates and jungle cruise get busy too

Epcot- test track, soaring, frozen but as they are all tier one you will be unable to fastpass all of these unless 3 separate visits. You could fastpass frozen, rope drop soarin and single rider test track. I then normally fast pass spaceship earth and mission space too.

HS- slinky dog, toy story mania, rock and roller coaster and tower of terror

AK - flight of passage, Everest, Kali river rapids, dinosaur and safari

These are just the ones that I try and normally do when we go. Some of the rides are quite fast rides so may not suit you as a family if you don’t like that kind of thing. I do also try and fastpass some character meets but my oldest is 6, so your 2 older children might not be as interested x
Studios fast passes are in tiers too so you have to pick from one of the toy story rides and then two from what’s remaining.

You also may get lucky with the tiered fast pass system. Obviously like what’s been said is that you can only have one from tier one and two from what’s remaining...

But once you use all three fast passes you can use your app or a fast pass kiosk to get a fourth fast pass. Often you can get really lucky and there be a cheeky soarin fast pass available when you’ve already fast passed a tier one ride already. This can involve incessantly checking and re-checking the apps and kiosks though and obviously the busier the parks are the less likely it is...
Old 2 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks all for the feedback. It all sounds a bit intense 😮

I am looking at building a a plan around availability for the marquees rides like flight of passage. We are in Orlando for 10 days so will want to mix up park visits with s couple of rest days, so ride availability will effectively drive our schedule!
Old 2 Mar 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Amion68 View Post

I am looking at building a a plan around availability for the marquees rides like flight of passage. We are in Orlando for 10 days so will want to mix up park visits with s couple of rest days, so ride availability will effectively drive our schedule!
It was my fast pass dat today

Managed all the key rides including FoP and toy story.

There was plenty of Availability for all the rides all day except for SDMT in the AM
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
It was my fast pass dat today

Managed all the key rides including FoP and toy story.

There was plenty of Availability for all the rides all day except for SDMT in the AM
Hi, my fast passes are now active but I messed up with day 1 and am struggling a bit with know what to book. How can you tell what tiers the rides are? Also there doesn’t appear to be any FOP fast passes on any of the days.
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Hi, there’s a list of the FP tiers at HS, Epcot and AK (plus the non-tiered rides you can FP in MK) here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dis...s--p-1042.html. If you’re booking at 30days you may struggle with availability for FOP, but keep checking (even up to the day that you’re actually in AK) as availability can open up as people’s plans change.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
MK does not have tiers
HS- ALL toy story rides are tier one- Slinky, Aliens and toy story Mania- pick 1 then 2 more for all other rides
Epcot- Frozen, t track and Soarin are tier 1 - so pick 1 all others tier 2- pick 2
AK- Pandora rides are tier 1- FOP and ROL- pick one then all other tier 2 pick 2

If you are off site you will struggle to get a fast pass for flight of passage , slinky dog dash and possibly snow whites mine train- they get snapped up fast by on site guests-

What park are you in on day 1- what are you trying to book?
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Amion68 View Post

I was anxious before our FP booking day came around, but have been surprised what we’ve been able to get. It’s our kids 1st visit (1st time in 20yrs for me &DH as well). The way I look at it is that it’ll all be new & exciting for the kids. If they see a ride they really want to try that I haven’t currently got FP for, then we’ll try & get one in the park once 1st 3 are used. I’m trying to not overthink it if you like, as Iong as the kids are happy (which I’m sure they will be), then I’m happy.
The only ride I haven’t been able to FP is Soarin’, but hopeful we’ll get this out there.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List