Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Mar 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
arisser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile No telling how far I'll go solo - Day 4 - Epcot

Today was the day for Epcot! As you know, this is my first visit to Walt Disney World, but when I was about 9 years old my parents were thinking about taking us and they ordered the brochure which came with a DVD. I can't tell you how many times I read the brochure cover to cover and watched the DVD, even long after my parents broke it to me that we weren't going. What really, really excited me was Epcot. I was a little nerd who loved science and learning and the brochure made the whole of Epcot look like a giant science museum.

So, now I've shared that little anecdote, you can imagine how excited the grown up me was to finally live out my childhood dream!

I arrived just before rope drop and stood in the crowds for about ten minutes with no real plan of attack. As we were let in, I made a split second decision to rush towards Soarin', since my first Fastpass was Test Track and I figured they were the two most popular rides. I didn't know where Soarin', but the crowd was splitting into two distinct groups and after a little bit of eavesdropping I figured out which group to follow. I ended up in the queue with just a ten minute wait before being seated in the middle of the front row.

Oh my gosh, you guys, I was blown away. It combined my love of flying and travel and it was super breathtaking. I cried a little bit 😂 I was so emotional.

I dipped out of Soarin' and straight across to Living with the Land. I didn't expect much from this but it was so informative and interesting and again, I couldn't help but think of how amazing I would've found it as a kid.

By now we were well into the window for my Test Track fastpass so I zigzagged back to there. I had a ton of fun designing a cute little city car...then accidentally turned it into a monster truck and couldn't work out how to undo it! After the ride, I spent ages in the little Chevrolet display area playing all the games and getting some fun photos.

I came out and it was approximately 600 degrees so cooling down in Club Cool seemed a good idea. Everybody else thought so too, apparently. I tried them all, and then sent ratings to my friend. My favourite was definitely Zimbabwe, I could drink that all day.

I also had a Fastpass for Turtle Talk. I knew ahead of time that this was a child's attraction, but it's another one I did in TokyoSea and didn't understand because of the language. I was impressed by how cute it was. The kids' questions included "do turtles get hiccups?" and "are turtles good at baseball?". Awwww.

Fun little quiz in the waiting area for Turtle Talk

On my way to my final prebooked Fastpass, I stopped into Starbucks for an iced chai latte and an almond croissant then carried on to Spaceship Earth!

It was a 60 minute wait, so I was glad I had a fastpass and got to breeze straight in. In the queue, I chose a new Fastpass for Test Track again - in two hours time. As I tried to see if I could modify it and bring it forward, a Fastpass for Soarin' showed up for 12pm. The time was currently 11:55, so it was a no brainer. I didn't expect SSE to take more than ten/fifteen minutes.

We were being loaded onto the ride vehicles and the gentleman in front of me was also by himself. I went to climb in the row behind him when the cast member shouted "No! Two people per row!" He must've thought we were together, but I didn't question it because I don't mind riding with strangers and I figured with a 60 minute wait, they wanted to do everything possible to get people through as quickly as possible.

It only struck me as weird once the doors had closed and the screen lit up asking to choose a language. And the man next to me chose Portuguese. Let me tell you, it was a very long and boring ride with all the commentary going on in a language I didn't understand. And then it got awkward, when we got stuck just before where you descend back down and stayed there for over fifteen minutes.

When we finally got off, I was really frustrated that I'd used a Fastpass on a ride I didn't understand and that I wouldn't get to ride it again because of the hour long queue. I don't usually make complaints, but I went up to the cast member at the exit and explained what had happened and she was lovely! We had a bit of a giggle and then she took me back up the exit ramp and put me straight in another ride car by myself so I could experience it in English! I'm sure you'll agree it's not the most fantastic ride there is but I'm glad I got to do it again.

However, with getting stuck and then riding again, time was marching on and I'd nearly missed my Fastpass for Soarin'. I made it just in time and enjoyed the ride as much as the first time round.

I really wanted to head towards World Showcase, but I nabbed one last Fastpass for The Seas with Nemo. There was about ten minutes before this became valid so I had a little look around Mouse Gear before heading over.

When I did make it to World Showcase, I started in high spirits in Mexico but quickly got tired of how crowded and hot it was. As I went from pavilion to pavilion I could feel myself taking less in and by the time I got to America I was completely zoning out. I ordered a portion of Mac and Cheese and contemplated my options as I ate it.

I decided I'd go to Disney Springs. I already had it in my plans to return to Epcot on Friday, and by then the Flower and Garden Festival will have officially started so there will be more to enjoy in the World Showcase.

I walked to Yacht Club via the International Gateway to get a bus to Disney Springs from there. Wow! What a nice looking resort! I'm very jealous of anybody who gets to stay there!

I had two main objectives for Disney Springs. Firstly, I wanted a jacket because the weather is forecast to go cold in a couple of days and I didn't really have too many suitable layers. Secondly, I wanted food.

I headed to Uniqlo to fulfil number one on my list. I managed to resist all of the Disney tshirts in here, but did buy two other tshirts and a light zip up hoodie. No pictures because I forgot to take them at the time and I'm writing this now from bed where I'm too lazy and comfy to move!

I spent a good while in World of Disney next, but didn't buy anything today. There was a super nice it's a small world spirit jersey that tempted me but I'm undecided - I'm sure I'll be back at some point!

I chose Blaze Pizza for dinner, going for a bbq chicken pizza. This was really, really good and I see why people love it so much. I used a quick service credit but it was reasonably priced without too.

I had been toying with the idea of going back to Epcot to watch Illuminations, but I wasn't feeling 100%. I'd eaten enough and drank plenty so I figured I must just be tired and sensibly decided to head back to the hotel.

On the way to the bus stop I popped into Sephora and bought a face mask so I could chill out in my room fully. I grabbed a lipstick too because I just couldn't resist.

It was the first time this trip I got back to the resort before the pool closed, and since it was still hot out I went for a quick swim. I enjoyed this loads, but unfortunately the forecast was a lot cooler for the rest of the week so I'm not sure if I'll get chance to go in again.

After maybe half an hour it was dark and starting to drop colder so I jumped out. On my way back to the room, I walked past some cast members toasting marshmallows by a campfire and decided to sample a couple!

Back in the room I showered and did my face mask, started to watch a bit of TV but I was fast asleep by 9pm! Definitely a good idea not to go back to Epcot.
arisser is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

I'm really enjoying reading your trip reports.
Glad you enjoyed Epcot. We often find the World Showcase difficult to do all in 1 go due to us finding the heat difficult.
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your trip reports. I intend to do the World Showcase this time. Even if I have to do it on my own.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another one here who is enjoying your trippie

I guess when you are on your own you can change and decide plans as you go and you certainly did that today, sounds like a great day

Joan
Old 5 Mar 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Super reports - thanks for sharing your trip.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I loved your anecdote from your childhood and am really glad that you enjoyed Epcot (or at least future world) so much. It's definitely my favourite park, although I love world showcase too!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your trippies
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m a geek and loved Epcot too, I’d have been mind-blown by it as a kid and I get really frustrated when people complain there’s nothing for kids to do there.

I’m glad you complained at Spaceship Earth, the CM that loaded you with the other guest must have been mistaken. So pleased that you got to ride it with Judi narrating in English haha.

Really enjoying your report, you are so lucky being solo and just getting to go at your own pace.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

You seem to be having a great time. Well done for getting to ride Spaceship Earth again. I think I would have just quietly seethed as I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to complaining.

Also well done for managing to get out of Sephora with just a face mask and a lipstick - and in time to be asleep before 9pm! I am fully expecting to have to drag DD out of there when we go in the summer. I think she is looking forward to Sephora and Victoria's Secret more than Disney.I
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List