Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Mar 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

We did a 30 day trial on amazon prime and got everything we needed delivered. Bell services took delivery of it and brought it to our room when we were in. It was so easy and exactly what we will be doing this time.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

POR food court has some lovely breakfast options, it would be a shame to miss out on them.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We’ve also used Garden Grocer in our last 3 trips and am using again for this trip. Have bought beer, water, milk and cereal.It’s always a reliable service and bell services keep cold and then deliver up to your room. Would def recommend
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
POR food court has some lovely breakfast options, it would be a shame to miss out on them.
We are hoping to return to POR next year, the food court was a real mystery to us for a good few days as we had no idea what counted for what in the DDP. I never got to understand how the single serving of cereal worked which was a shame as our youngest loves cereal, anyone know if that was a snack credit and where/how did you get the milk to go with it?
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clarkd3 View Post
We are hoping to return to POR next year, the food court was a real mystery to us for a good few days as we had no idea what counted for what in the DDP. I never got to understand how the single serving of cereal worked which was a shame as our youngest loves cereal, anyone know if that was a snack credit and where/how did you get the milk to go with it?
We never had the cereal but I’m pretty sure the cereal & milk is one snack credit and you just get a small carton of milk out the fridge. All the other meals like Mickey waffles, pancakes etc are a QS credit and you get a drink with those out of the fridge or as you have your refillable mug you could have a meal and a side instead, so pancakes and a croissant (which would usually be a snack credit).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
Hi!

Not sure what forum this should go in

We are staying at Riverside and I'm just thinking about the best way to get some food (cereal, milk, fruit, water etc) to have in the room. We don't have a car.

I was looking at the delivery service...but then decided on our first day we could just go to a supermarket but what ones are near POR? I know there is one near Disney springs but I've heard it's quiet expensive...but would we be better going further out to get a cheaper one?

And also my fear is that we can use the wifi at the hotel to order an Uber to say..Walmart...but then when we're leaving Walmart if there's no wifi how do we get home?

Any advice would be fab

Would love to hear what everyone else has done!
Just use Instacart and forget about it is my advice. You are in Disney, time is short. No worries with Instacart or similar.
Garden Grocer massively overpriced , Instacart as good. I used to use GG- no more!
Instacart thread in the DVC section of Dibb if you look through.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Acid Nation
Dancing with Tink'

We were looking to get food delivered, but now that I've thought about it more decided we really only want/need to order bottles of water lol. Don't need snacks as we always find dining plan too much food anyway!

What would be the best option for just getting water? We don't have a car and it seems a bit daft to use instacart just for some bottled water!
Acid Nation is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We bought 6 waters from the resort shop and just kept these topped up from the free waters around the resorts and parks, 2 cups to a bottle. There is a black button to the side of one of the drink machine choices in the resort food costs that supplied ice cold water. I used to ask for a cup from the till for water and use that for refills. No need to buy a load of bottled water.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Grab an Uber or a Lift to Publix and stock up for the room. We stayed at OKW last year and hit Publix on day one. Cereals and milk, waffles (if your room has a toaster) and loads of fruit, yogurts and fruit juice. Not forgetting the margarita mix and the tequila.

Taxi's a pretty easy to book and not too expensive. Probably less than $10 a trip.

You'll be fine. Have fun
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
Hi!

Not sure what forum this should go in

We are staying at Riverside and I'm just thinking about the best way to get some food (cereal, milk, fruit, water etc) to have in the room. We don't have a car.

I was looking at the delivery service...but then decided on our first day we could just go to a supermarket but what ones are near POR? I know there is one near Disney springs but I've heard it's quiet expensive...but would we be better going further out to get a cheaper one?

And also my fear is that we can use the wifi at the hotel to order an Uber to say..Walmart...but then when we're leaving Walmart if there's no wifi how do we get home?

Any advice would be fab

Would love to hear what everyone else has done!
We've done dining plan twice for two weeks and always have left over (mostly snack) credits at the end of the holiday. And this was before the change and only 1 snack credit a day. Admittedly we have one or two days offsite, but even so, it's so much food.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List