Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Mar 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 14 ~ MK, Festival of Fantasy Parade, Disney Springs and Raglan Road ~ 9th November 2018

Find the previous day HERE

Day 14 ~ MK, Festival of Fantasy Parade, Disney Springs and Raglan Road ~ 9th November 2018

This morning I woke at 7.45am, Noah was already awake and playing on his tablet. I pottered about popping more things into the cases and generally tidying up a bit. Everyone else was up by 8.30am. The kids got ready and snacked on biscuits, cereal and pretzels whilst Chris and I packed. I sorted out the clothes we needed for this evening, for tomorrow, then for changing into travelling tomorrow afternoon

We left the room at 9.30am and headed to the bus stop. Thomas decided to draw pictures in his journal ... they were fab!

We were on the bus on the way to MK by 10am. After security we found a magic band on the floor so handed it in to guest services. As we entered MK we decided to try and get some magic shots with the balloons. For some stupid reason I didn't put my sunglasses on so the pictures aren't too good with my squinting We got some other pictures too.

After pictures we headed to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We all really enjoyed this, although most of the jokes went over Noah's head

We headed round to the Tomorrowland Speedway, we got a return time of 11.06am so we decided to go get some water from Gastons Tavern and go get some Magic Shots at the BoG Castle. Noah had himself a meltdown and refused to be in the picture. It was about 31 degrees today.

We had a
FP for 7DMT at 11am so we headed to there after.

Next we headed back to Speedway for our 11.06am return time. For some reason we ended up waiting an absolute age for this, even in the FP line! The kid's were getting grouchy and annoying. We were eventually on around 20 minutes later. I went with Noah, Chris went with Thomas and Caitlin eventually went on something herself The kids enjoyed this, I hope when they re-open it's similar.

We decided to head round to Barnstormer and give this ago. The DAS pass wasn't working for a return time so the CM just let us straight through. Bonus! We were on pretty much straight away and everyone loved it. A nice little coaster, although Noah kept shouting again when we pulled into the station I had to explain it's not like the Mine Train at Alton Towers as that goes round twice. I do think it's a relatively short ride though and they possibly could go round twice, especially when it's not busy.

We had a
FP for Space Mountain but the boys wanted to try the Railroad Train out so we decided to cancel these and get the train back to Main Street. We waited around 10 minutes for the train. The boys really enjoyed the train ride, they love trains. Chris took some photos when we got to Main Street Station.

It was almost 12pm so we headed to Tony's for our 12.20pm reservation. I left the kids with Chris and went to the reservations desk to check in. There were a couple of people in front but we got checked in quickly. We were told to take a seat and we'd be taken through shortly. I went and got a cup of water then went to sit down with the others, Caitlin and Thomas were sat on the seats and Chris was taken photos ... Noah ... was no where to be seen I asked Chris where Noah was and he said he thought he was with me ... anyone see a pattern here?! luckily he was just stood outside the doorway and had been waiting for Chris to finish taking photos, however, he must have been distracted and not seen him come in. Chris thought he was with Caitlin and Thomas. So second time in one holiday Chris lost Noah, this time because he was taking photos. I was just about to have words with him when the server called our name ... he was saved by the server

We were seated and had ordered our food and drinks by 12.20pm - our ADR time.

As part of the Festival of Fantasy Parade you can order 3 courses, as the parade started at 2pm we opted to not get a starter. This is the menu:

We were brought a plate of bread to share which was like a foccacia bread.

We then ordered our mains.

Me:

Roman-style Steak- Balsamic-glazed Beef Tenderloin Medallions topped with Bacon Marmalade, Local Vegetables, and Truffle-scented Mashed Potatoes - $36

I really enjoyed this meal, I think mainly because of the broccoli The only issue I had was the steak was a bit fatty, but it wasn't as bad as CRT steak. I think ate almost all of it.

Chris:

Italian Trio- Three classic favorites on one dish! Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti with Pork-Beef Meatball - $32

Chris really enjoyed this meal, he loved having the 3 different meals altogether and he said they were all cooked really nicely.

Caitlin:

Tony's Pizza Pie- Blend of Cheeses and Tony's Pizza Sauce - $19

Caitlin really enjoyed this pizza and had declared it her favourite pizza of the holiday. It was nice and crispy.

Thomas:

Macaroni & Cheese - served with choice of two (2) Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani® Water, or Small Minute Maid® Apple Juice - $10

Thomas enjoyed this although it did get sickly after a while, he managed just over half of this. I tried it and it was quite nice.

Noah:

Noah just had his usual plain pasta

For dessert we opted to share:

Cannoli- Ricotta Cream-filled Shells dusted with Powdered Sugar - $8

We also got a chocolate type dessert but I think it was a special and I can't find it on the website.

We weren't keen on the cannoli at all, we found it quite strange tasting, but it was our first ever one. The chocolate cake thing was lovely and I really enjoyed this one, luckily no one else did so I got the majority of it

I know Tony's gets a lot of stick for not being very good, but we really enjoyed our meals here (apart from the steak) everything was nicely cooked and tasty and service was good too. We'll definitely go back, especially for the seating for the FoF parade.

We were finished for around 1.30pm so we headed straight over to the flag pole to get our seats for the parade. We showed our tickets and were directed into the viewing area. We didn't think things through here as it would have been fab to sit right in the middle watching the parade come down Main Street, but we sat to the right hand side near Tony's in the shade and on the bench with the kids in front of us. There weren't many people in the area although it did fill up before the parade.

I popped over to the Main Street Confectioners and got some goofy candy and a couple of bottles of pop to share. I also seen a Jasmine cup that I just had to have so I charged that to the room as I was paying it all off this evening anyway. I don't think I have a picture of it either! I'll have to get one ... Managed to get this one from online:

I apologise now for the photo overload

Lots of the characters pointed at Noah and waved which he got really shy about, after a few of them he began waving back like Caitlin and I were doing, then he really got into it, it was so lovely to see. As you can see from the photos, Goofy and Chip (or Dale can never tell the difference ) gave him a high five which he loved. I must admit I had a few tears, partly because of the interactions but partly because I knew it was almost time for us to leave Disney

As the parade finished we joined the others at the back and left the park I would have happily stayed there longer but the kid's had been promised one last pool afternoon. We got the bus back to POR. Whilst getting ready Thomas was having a play with the swords and Noah's hat

Chris and the kids headed to Ol' Man Island for the pool whilst I went to reception to pick up the holdall I had to order from Amazon as we didn't have enough luggage space plus I wanted to pay off the account as we had our joint account card linked to our account.

I expected to pay a $5 fee for the holding the parcel but they didn't charge and I settled up the bill which was about $600 altogether. Over the trip we'd had $330 in gift cards ($200 for booking and $130 for opting out of mousekeeping) so I paid the rest on Chris's Revolut card. We had 1 TS meal left which was Raglan Road tonight and we would just pay the tip on the Revolut card to make things easier.

Earlier in the holiday I had got the Buzz Lightyear Bubble Wand for Noah as everytime he seen it in the shops he asked for it. When we went to the outlets at the weekend we managed to get him a Little Mermaid one for $5 and he didn't want the Buzz one anymore. He had his eyes on some giant Mickey hands that we seem to have seen everywhere since turns out Fultons had some in so I took the Buzz bubble wand and exchanged it for the giant Mickey hands. This took a bit of time as the CM had a problem with the till so we had to wait for the manager to come and sort the transaction. Overall I ended up being gone for almost half an hour!

I had planned on not going in the pool anyway so I didn't mind too much. I headed to Ol' Man Island and sat on the seats Chris had managed to get and started reading my book. By about 4.30pm I said it was time to head back and get showers before going to DS for our Raglan Road reservation at 7.30pm. Caitlin and I walked back first and got showers before the boys came back. All 3 boys went in the shower together then we were sorted and out for the bus by 5.45pm.

At some point in the holiday (I think it was when we went to Universal) I lost my eyebrow pomade brush so when we got to Disney Springs I headed to Sephora to pick up another one.

It was 6.30pm by the time I got out of Sephora (may have spent a little too long in there ) we decided to head to Raglan Road and see if we could get checked in early. We got taken to a seat at 6.50pm.

There was such a great atmosphere in here, we were seated behind the bar to the left of the stage where it was a little quieter.

The atmosphere in here is great, we were seated in a side room which was best for us as it was a little too loud for Noah. Pictures in here aren't great as the lighting is awful!

We ordered drinks first.

Chris and I opted for cocktails and water, but I can't remember what we ordered Kid's had soft drinks.

We were brought out some soda bread which I loved. I've never had soda bread before and with the balsamic dip it was lovely. No one else liked it.

Chris and I ordered:

Fish & Chips- Our famous beer battered fish and chips served with our fresh tartar sauce - $22

Caitlin:

Serious Steak- 10oz sirloin, mashed potatoes, battered onion rings and whiskey peppercorn sauce - $29

The boys both had kids fish and chips but for some reason I don't have a photo of theirs.

We all really enjoyed our meal in here and coupled in with the entertainment and atmosphere it was great and we'd definitely return. It seems we were finding all the best restaurants towards the end of our holiday

We ordered desserts:

Apple Crumble- Fresh Granny Smith apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and crème anglaise - $10

Raglan Delight- Raspberry pavlova with vanilla ice cream and raspberry coulis - $10

Fluffy Lemon Clouds- Intense lemon curd tart topped with fluffy meringue - $10

The boys got chocolate ice cream each.

We all really enjoyed these desserts. I had the apple crumble and it was so tasty and I loved how it was presented too. Caitlin had the lemon tart and she really enjoyed that too. Chris had the pavlova and he also enjoyed his. This was definitely one of the nicest meals we'd had where almost everyone cleared their plates.

We needed to use up more our snack credits so Caitlin and I headed to Ghiradelli's and Goofy's Candy Co whilst Chris and the boys went to The Lego Store. They built cars and raced them down a track then met us up at Goofy's Candy Co. I think we managed to use about 10 snack credits, we didn't get much in Goofy's as we were trying to keep some for the kid's to make their own snacks tomorrow before we left.

We decided to take the boat back to POR. We were on our way by 9.30pm.

We were back in the room by 10pm and it wasn't long before the kid's were alseep. Chris and I finished up more packing and were in bed by 11pm.

STEPS: 12,850
Snacks: 13 USED – 29 LEFT
QS Credits:0 USED- 14 LEFT
TS Credits: 10 USED - 0 LEFT
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

What a great last full day Kelly! 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great last day

Joan
Old 10 Mar 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, I love all the parade photos. It sounds like a brilliant last day. The lumiere magic shot is great. You all looked like you were having a fun time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great pictures👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Nice last day. Enjoyed reading about Raglan Road, we'll be there in May with our 3. Looks like a good evening out
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Another great day! We loved the Tony's Festival of Fantasy package and I'm now adding Raglan Road to my ADR list for later this year
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What a great last full day Kelly! 😀

Kat
Thanks for reading Kat x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last day

Joan
Thanks for reading Joan x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, I love all the parade photos. It sounds like a brilliant last day. The lumiere magic shot is great. You all looked like you were having a fun time.
The parade was great we loved it. We got another with Mickey sat next to us but I can't find it We had an amazing last day x

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great pictures👍
Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
Nice last day. Enjoyed reading about Raglan Road, we'll be there in May with our 3. Looks like a good evening out
It was a great last day. In my written plans I had planned to go to Epcot after the parade but the kid's wanted one last go in the pool. Raglan Road is fab, you'll really enjoy it and the food is lovely. I thought it was very well reasonably priced too! Have an amazing time, we're back in May but just for 1 day (22nd May) x

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Another great day! We loved the Tony's Festival of Fantasy package and I'm now adding Raglan Road to my ADR list for later this year
It's great isn't it. I was quite sceptical and kept debating cancelling it due to the bad reviews but I'm so glad I didn't it was definitely up there with our favourites.

It's funny actually, I was thinking that I was really looking forward to Mama Melrose and it was one of our worst meals and I really wasn't looking forward to Tony's but ended up loving it so glad we tried it.

Definitely add Raglan Road it's a great little place and the entertainment is fab too, you won't be disappointed xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a great final full day.

Tony’s looked really great and you had a brilliant view of the parade judging by the pictures.

Disney springs looks so nice lit up at night.

Just like Grace with Sephora, swear it must be a maze in there like ikea and that’s why it takes so long to get out haha.

Raglan road looked as delicious as usual.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List