Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Mar 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
There appears a lot of conjecture here so unless anyone knows as fact that paid FP’s are on the way and know the date its probably best not to speculate 🤔
It is a little more than speculation. Marni is one of the only reliable insiders giving out good information. Youtube channels such as DSNY Newscast often rely on his tips.

If he says this is likely, it is probably likely. However, WDW does have a habit of setting in stone plans, then changing late. The theatre in MK being the latest one- they waited until the groundworks had started on that one.

And after all... what is a Disney fan site if not to speculate.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
So to simplify: In the coming future... pay a lot to get in the park, and then pay more to actually ride the attractions.
Yep, that's just about the jist of it.
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
So to simplify: In the coming future... pay a lot to get in the park, and then pay more to actually ride the attractions.
Indeed and until visitor numbers either stabilise or begin to fall Disney will keep pushing the boundaries to what they can charge for.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Indeed and until visitor numbers either stabilise or begin to fall Disney will keep pushing the boundaries to what they can charge for.
I am torn.

At $114+ a share and rising, the shareholder in me is rooting this all on.

As someone who used to have the Disney bug bad and visit 2x a year, my appetite for returning in the near future is nil.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I never thought the day would come when I couldn't justify another trip to wdw... but I have. It happened last year tbh... the spiralling costs (and there are just 2 of us) is too much for me to take. Feels like they would charge you for the air you are breathing if they could market that. It takes the joy out of it, and it does make me sad but I am lucky i've been so many times. Just wish it wasn't going to cost quite so much to do so again. Unless you want to spend every waking hour in the park, in a queue.. the amount it costs is insane. Gone are the days of popping into a park for 4-5 hours in a day and mixing things up.

On the upside, it will force me to try something else!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I never thought the day would come when I couldn't justify another trip to wdw... but I have. It happened last year tbh... the spiralling costs (and there are just 2 of us) is too much for me to take. Feels like they would charge you for the air you are breathing if they could market that. It takes the joy out of it, and it does make me sad but I am lucky i've been so many times. Just wish it wasn't going to cost quite so much to do so again. Unless you want to spend every waking hour in the park, in a queue.. the amount it costs is insane. Gone are the days of popping into a park for 4-5 hours in a day and mixing things up.

On the upside, it will force me to try something else!
This is my feeling too. Paying for parking at resorts is disappointing, paying for FP is taking it to another level. And anyone who points out that Universal charge, they don’t if you stay at a deluxe hotel. Disney have marketed this as a reason to stay onsite. Between the parking charges and the potential of paying for FP there’s not really going to be any reason to stay onsite. WDW will be full of millionaires and people on a genuine once in a lifetime trip soon if all this comes to pass.

I’m going to hope it doesn’t though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I think they will do it. I've never stayed on site, but the costs are insane. You are talking over 1k for two park passes and car parking before you have even sniffed an over priced snack.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

One thing Disney have to weigh up is the benefit they currently get from Free FP's. The FP encourages people to shop, eat & drink whilst waiting on their time to ride to arrive . So removing free FP could have an impact on add on sales.
But as the system has been in place for severl years now they have a LOT of data and know how many FP's they can issue each hour whilst keeping the standy Q (on most rides) to a resonable level which people accept.
But if they remove free FP and i turned up at FOP and was told you can't ride today as the Q is too long I would not be a happy camper. So what ever they do they will have to think carefully about.
I know they do tours which include walk ons , but if they introduce paid FP and only the option on some tier 1's FP is paying. I will be taking my business some other place, unless they gurantee the normal Q is under 90 minutes (as walt i can dream)
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The constant drive to increase the number of rooms on property leads me to believe that offsite Guests will be penalised even more. That will be dreadful but I can smell it in the breeze.
Perhaps FP will continue to be free for on site guests only, offsite guests to pay per day to access the FP system. Of course they would also raise the onsite room rates so you are paying for this either way.
As you say, Disney wants you to stay onsite and perceive value in doing so.

I can't see them majorly reducing onsite guest access to FPs as they would have to grandfather that in over, what, 2yrs nearly? Seeing as you can currently book Disney hotels for 2020 advertised with 60 day FP access.
Although of course they could roll out the extra purchase FPs beyond club level guests.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse 69 View Post
Anyone else seen the rumour that starting later this year all Disney Fast Passes will no longer be free you might still get 2 or 3 free,but if you want anymore than that you will have to pay for them?
Really keen to know where this rumour started as it would be good to carry out some research and verify if its authentic 😀
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List