Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Mar 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Rider swap / baby switch. New rules?

Hi!
I understand that there have been some changes to the child swap process recently.
We are 2 adults and 3 children.
Last year, 1 adult and 2 children fastpassed a ride, then the other adult plus the same 2 children would then ride again with the switch ticket.(a physical ticket from the cast member)
I believe that the switch is now added to magic bands?
Is it an open return for that day or do we have to switch immediately for that ride?
Also, is the rider switch that is added to the magic band an extra open fastpass for effectively any ride or does it specify that exact ride on the MDE app?
Just thinking out loud as to whether I could get the rider switch for say slinky when the rest of them ride as my son will almost certainly not ride but walk him over to TSM instead? (Forgoing my ride on slinky as a swap and using his sisters magic band with the rider switch pass on) In the same tier of ride.
Does this make sense?
Thanks all!

Edited at 09:14 PM.
Charlie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It's the same as it was last year, just electronic so that you can't give away/sell the passes. We were given additional fast passes with a start time delayed by roughly the length of the queue we were entering. We mostly used fastpass so got a 15 minute return. Ours were all open ended for the day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for your reply! Did the fastpasses on MDE show as for that exact ride or did they just appear as an extra?
I remember we had passes cancelled last year as rides were closed due to heavy rain and the replacement fastpasses on MDE were open for use on any ride in the same tier, just wondering if this is the same?
Thanks.
Old 12 Mar 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Can i hijack as i haven't used parent swap before.

There will be 2 adults and 2 kids so am i correct in thinking i just need to book 1 fastpass for say tower of terror and both adults will be able to ride it?

Thanks
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
Thanks for your reply! Did the fastpasses on MDE show as for that exact ride or did they just appear as an extra?
I remember we had passes cancelled last year as rides were closed due to heavy rain and the replacement fastpasses on MDE were open for use on any ride in the same tier, just wondering if this is the same?
Thanks.

This is how it shows up. It’s exactly the same as before - you get a pass valid for the ride you’re missing.
Old 13 Mar 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
There will be 2 adults and 2 kids so am i correct in thinking i just need to book 1 fastpass for say tower of terror and both adults will be able to ride it?
Well, both adults can ride it whether or not any of them have fastpasses. You don't need fastpasses to go on any ride. You don't need fastpasses to use rider switch.

However, I think you are asking whether both adults can use the fastpass queue if only one has a fastpass and the other uses a rider switch pass? The answer to this is yes*.

The first adult will use their fastpass to enter the fastpass queue whilst the second adult gets a rider switch pass and looks after the kids. After the first adult has ridden, they swap and the second adult uses the rider switch pass to enter the fastpass queue. I have assumed your kids will not want to ride or aren't tall enough.

If neither of you had fastpasses, then the first adult would have to enter the regular queue whilst the second adult could enter the fastpass queue using the rider switch pass.

(* At least, I think the answer is yes. Hopefully Hollie04 will correct me if I'm wrong )

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Well, both adults can ride it whether or not any of them have fastpasses. You don't need fastpasses to go on any ride. You don't need fastpasses to use rider switch.

However, I think you are asking whether both adults can use the fastpass queue if only one has a fastpass and the other uses a rider switch pass? The answer to this is yes*.

The first adult will use their fastpass to enter the fastpass queue whilst the second adult gets a rider switch pass and looks after the kids. After the first adult has ridden, they swap and the second adult uses the rider switch pass to enter the fastpass queue. I have assumed your kids will not want to ride or aren't tall enough.

If neither of you had fastpasses, then the first adult would have to enter the regular queue whilst the second adult could enter the fastpass queue using the rider switch pass.

(* At least, I think the answer is yes. Hopefully Hollie04 will correct me if I'm wrong )
Thanks that is exactly what i was asking.

And if one of the kids wanted to ride the fastpass queue with us they would need a fastpass also?

x
Old 13 Mar 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
And if one of the kids wanted to ride the fastpass queue with us they would need a fastpass also?
Yes, that's correct.

That child could also go on a second time with the second adult using the rider switch pass. The rider switch pass is good for 3 people (although I notice on Hollie04's screenshot above it says 2 guests, not 3).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, that's correct.

That child could also go on a second time with the second adult using the rider switch pass. The rider switch pass is good for 3 people (although I notice on Hollie04's screenshot above it says 2 guests, not 3).
Yes, it's up to 3 on the rider switch and every rider has to scan their band. That example was when it was just the 4 of us, so my husband and older daughter used fastpass then she had a rider switch to come back on with me. You can see our MDE avatars at the bottom indicating who has the rider switch.
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Please help me understand! There 4 of us inc a 5 month old and 4year old. So for fast passes for the bigger rides that the 3 of us want to do we do the following:

-Book FP for 1 adult and our 4 year old
-turn up and get rider swap for remaining adult and 4 year old can ride again
- first adult and 4 year old ride
- second adult and 4 year old ride using FP from rider swap

Is this right? So at Epcot 1 adult can have test track fp and the other can have a soaring fp so using this method the 3 riders technically have fast passes for both these tier 1 rides?
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List