Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Mar 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile Shade in TSL ?

Hi since we are going this year in August I just wondered if Disney have done anything about the lack of shade in TSL . It was awful in the heat when it opened any changes ?

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

We went in November, no shade there at all! Even in November it was 30 degrees, we just got in there, did the rides and out again, so crowded and hot! I don’t know how people queue for Slinky Dog or character meets. The only cool bit was at the end of the queue for Slinky Dog there was big fans, bliss!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks I was hoping the had perhaps added some shade 😎

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
feather32
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I believe in hotter months they supposedly add umbrellas around TSL, but even so these umbrellas are small and none of them have any seating underneath! Usually added around where the extended queue is for SDD when the wait times are much bigger.
feather32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks, I can’t help thinking it’s a design fault in an area little ones will waiting, as it was bad enough as adults.

Tartan Tink
Old 15 Mar 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kem99
Trying for More Ears

I saw some ladies last year with their own brolly for shade while walking about the parks and wished I had brought mine. Last year I got a sunburned scalp and I don't like wearing hats or caps.
I'm very fair, actually pale blue would be a better description, after 2 weeks I come back fair, so definitely taking a brolly this year.
Old 15 Mar 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Wear a cap and arrive early. There are lots of other indoor rides and shows to enjoy at DHS. Arrive early with the first of the first and ride Slinky Dog. Move immediately to Aliens. Wander round that heat trap and catch any characracter. Do TSM with a FP (indoors). Leave the area and move on to Little Memaid air conditioned). Result 🙂
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Thanks, I can’t help thinking it’s a design fault in an area little ones will waiting, as it was bad enough as adults.
"Undocumented feature" to help deal with crowd sizes, you mean?

/cynic mode off

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

It was too hot for us in February, there were umbrellas up over some of the queues, even so it was pretty uncomfortable.
Mind you we don't do heat which is why we go in February.
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Theres hardly any seats either

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List