Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Mar 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We picked up a cheap stroller at Walmart for our Daughters first visit. She was 6 and I knew she wouldn't cope with all the walking, especially in that heat. It was the best money we spent. We saw so many children in trouble for not keeping up and crying because they were so tired. You cover many miles whilst in Orlando, why make it stressful?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

When the children were toddlers we loaded pushchair with drinks and snacks. The first time we went without pushchair we took a wheeled bag for snacks and drinks and were not allowed to wheel it so we carried it and left it outside a ride where the pushchairs were and (unsurprisingly with hindsight really)it was deemed a security threat and taken away 😳 so the next time we went we took a pushchair just for our drinks and snacks!
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We picked up a cheap stroller at Walmart for our Daughters first visit. She was 6 and I knew she wouldn't cope with all the walking, especially in that heat. It was the best money we spent. We saw so many children in trouble for not keeping up and crying because they were so tired. You cover many miles whilst in Orlando, why make it stressful?
Can you remember which stroller you got from wallmart for your 6 yr old? My 6yr is only dainty so I’m hoping a small foldaway stroller will do, if he needs it...

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DanniC View Post
Can you remember which stroller you got from wallmart for your 6 yr old? My 6yr is only dainty so I’m hoping a small foldaway stroller will do, if he needs it...
It was only a cheap foldable one, it had winnie the pooh on it and it was cream. Only about $30 I think. Worth every penny and then some

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Ive read that a lot of people buy these, and leave them at the hotel, allegedly you can ask at reception and they may give you one. In practice i have never personally experienced this.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My son is 3 now and we're going May 2020 when he'll be 4 but i'm keeping his current buggy to use in Orlando. It's a baby jogger city mini and i'd 100% recommend it, you could probably buy a secondhand one before you go and resell it for the same amount or thereabouts afterwards. My daughters are 4 and 7 currently and both fit in it quite comfortably, pretty sure they'll have a go in it on the hol at some point

Edited at 03:28 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
It was only a cheap foldable one, it had winnie the pooh on it and it was cream. Only about $30 I think. Worth every penny and then some
I had a look on wallmart last night and I have found a cheep blue one that reclines too and it’s for up to 30kg so it’s perfect for him, might just order it and have it delivered to the hotel

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We bought a stroller from Walmart. I think it was around $70, our youngest was 7 and not been in a buggy for years but it was a great rest place for him when he got tired but we could keep on the move. Even DD14 at the time sat in it when her severs disease was playing up! And she's bigger than I am. We donated to a family on our resort at the end of the holiday. It was fab! Great place to carry all our junk as well we're going to have to learn to travel light this time, we won't be getting a stroller now ds is too big.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Applejak
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Another vote for a city mini double. Buy it on ebay and you can probably sell it for a similar amount as soon as you get back. That was our plan but we ended up booking another "once in a lifetime" trip the next year (and this year too) so its in the garage!
Applejak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It does seem a lot of people are swayed by a stroller "to carry all the junk". I'm a bit bemused by what "junk" you actually need. We are now taking the third generation to the parks and kids and grandkids from four upwards are our experience. Sunscreen, water bottles , snacks, nowadays a phone rather than camera and spare t shirts all go comfortably into day back packs for two adults . I'm at a loss what other "junk" is essential. Admittedly we won't commando pace around the parks and adjust to suit everyone (and that's often not the youngest) but that works for us and also saves all the messing about trying to find buggys after each ride.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List