Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Mar 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
m444ach
Proud to wear my Ears

Which Everglades air boat tour...

Hey all we are flying out in may to do a Florida road trip flying into Miami driving the keys then back across to Naples then many more miles, but one thing we definitely want to do is a airboat ride on the Everglades...can all you good people give me some options to which one to try thanks...
m444ach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did Speedy's. It's at Everglades City. We enjoyed the ride, through proper mangrove swamps, however we only saw one alligator. The captain though gave us a handwritten map with details to show where we would find lots of gators and it was just 5 miles towards Miami from Everglades city. I've attached the map. Have a look on google earth and type in HP Williams Wayside. It's a wide dirt track which runs for approx 16 miles. There's a waterway that runs alongside the track and there are lots and lots of gators in and out of the water, just stay in your car. There's also a car park at the start of the track - I think there are toilets? There's a boardwalk here and you can see gators and turtles here also. The guy at Speedy's also said we may see bears and the Florida panther but we didn't see them, however we did hear a panther! We'd stopped the car to have a closer look at the gators, there were several other cars stopped also. We heard this strange sound coming from behind and no one knew what it was. I googled the sound of a florida panther when we got back to our hotel and it was definitely a panther.

If you're looking for other things to see/do we plan on visiting the smallest post office in USA, it's close by. It was closed the day we went though. My dad loves a postcard and I know he'd love one posted from there! We visited Smallwood Store, we had half hour to kill before our airboat ride. Sorry, I haven't looked at your countdown so depending on when you go there's meant to be a great place for crabs in Everglade City but it's only open when it's Stone Crab season.

Edited at 03:14 PM.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
m444ach
Proud to wear my Ears

This sounds amazing I’m on google maps now...thanks
m444ach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List