Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Mar 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Dining without a reservation?

So I'm about to hit the 180 day mark for my first ddp holiday! I'm working my way round the restaurants I want to eat at when a question hit me

do you have to book all of the meals or are some places easy to turn up at the time and if so which ones?
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

There are plenty of places where you can book a same day reservation. I’d never just turn up.

If you look at my Disney experience for today you can get an idea of which are more likely to be available on short notice.
It will most likely be slightly odd times and less well known places.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

As there will be a lot of people on the DDP most places could be a struggle on the day.
It also depends on your party size if there is a few of you would definatly book now.
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We always go to any guest relations if we want a table service meal. They have a let of availabilities. Yes, some of the lesser popular places but we have never been disappointed.
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
So I'm about to hit the 180 day mark for my first ddp holiday! I'm working my way round the restaurants I want to eat at when a question hit me

do you have to book all of the meals or are some places easy to turn up at the time and if so which ones?
I would not turn up at any TS restaurant without a booking. If I wanted flexibility I would still book in advance even if just fifteen minutes before. You could waste a lot of time traipsing round places if you try walk ups.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

With the app it’s easy to do that. We’ve often booked as we headed to the restaurant.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It all depends, for example we witnessed people just walking about Disney Springs, on a Sat night, being told wait times were 2 hours+. We use our Landry's card as back up, if we can't get an ADR then we can fall back on T-rex,Rainforest etc
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List