Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Fast pass day/ parent swap HELP

So much conflicting info online since they’ve changed parent swap to on your magic band.

When we went in 2017 just 1 of us fast passed the ride then we got a parent swap. Meaning we could get an extra fast lass. Now Im reading different people say different things and we both need to fast pass is this correct? Can anyone that’s been there recently confirm which way for me to do it? Thanks 😊
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It should be that only one parent needs the FP (there is a recent post on this somewhere). I didn’t risk it on FOP and booked both of us, and Slinky we all had FPs then ended up doing parent swap as my youngest didn’t want to do it. However on FOP the parent swap for DH was still showing on MDE after he rode, so he clearly didn’t need both.

We did have issues at BTMRR. Only DH had a FP, the cast member asked if I did too, and told me off for not having one. She did let me do it but added the standby wait time to the start of the return window, and was quite grumpy with me. So be aware that whilst not right, you might need to be prepared to challenge cast members over it.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I asked a very similar question recently and got some super useful responses, the thread can be found here if you want a read!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm in the same position and as I'm offsite I guess I'm playing the game a bit more. I would say if your booking at 60 days book Fastpass for all especially for the big rides then there is no problem.

I have had to go the other way and book fastpass for single people so the three others on our party can then use Rider swap. I have only done this where I have not been able to get fast passes easily. (FOP slinky seven dwarfs)

For most rides, I have booked fastpasses for two of the party for the other two to ride using rider swap (Splash Big Thunder etc)
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
I'm in the same position and as I'm offsite I guess I'm playing the game a bit more. I would say if your booking at 60 days book Fastpass for all especially for the big rides then there is no problem.

I have had to go the other way and book fastpass for single people so the three others on our party can then use Rider swap. I have only done this where I have not been able to get fast passes easily. (FOP slinky seven dwarfs)

For most rides, I have booked fastpasses for two of the party for the other two to ride using rider swap (Splash Big Thunder etc)
We are offsite too and I haven't managed to get FOP, Slinky, 7DMT... are you finding them available when looking for just one person?
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
I have been really lucky and when searching for a single person they have come up.

I have to say it has taken a lot of time, and I have a rule that whenever I go on my phone I look to see if one is available before doing anything on my phone. For 7DMT I have two single fast passes overlapping

The Fastpass availability on Dibb basically is only every hour so although it shows none available since the middle of august there has been some, so definitely worth signing into MDE whenever possible. FOP I got in the middle of the night going to the loo lol

Edited at 01:26 PM.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
PS Always put yourself as the single Fastpass as if they don't allow rider swap you get to ride the ride still as you have earned it from the work you put in
Old 4 Sep 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We didn't want to risk it so got both parents a fast pass. Effectively the fast pass the remaining parent has does not get used but some cast members will want to confirm you have it. As it is all done through MDE now they will know whether you have it. Enforcement and rules seems patchy. I suppose I could have gone back on with my unused fast pass after I rode on child swap but usually the time period would have expired.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List