rebelricky
VIP Dibber

'Route 66' Scottish Style..

DH and I are spending a few days going clockwise found the NC500
Our 1st stop... Rogie Falls

The very shaky viewing bridge

Stop for the night.. Lochcarron

Food at the Kishorn Seafood Bar.. Freshly caught today

Bealnach na Ba to Applecross... Amazing and scary at the same time. No photos at viewpoint as it was too misty..

Falconry experience at Sheildaig Falconry.. Amazing..

Fish & chips @ Gairloch..

Inverewe Gardens, not everything in bloom at this time of year, but still worth a visit

Corrieshalloch Gorge

Ardvreck Castle

Achmelvich Beach

Smoo Cave

Soft white sand... Blue waters.. Are we really in Scotland?

Last stop.. John o'Groats

This was our first 'staycation' for a long time. I am very lucky to be able to see this stunning scenery just by driving a couple of hours.

We missed out on our last Orlando holiday due to me being hospitalised 2 days before we were due to fly, but we have plans to go 2021 with all the family... Already have our villa booked with a Dibber!

This report was my practice

rebelricky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

A Route with stunning vista

Enjoy

Disney332
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MoragSybil
A Guest at All-Stars

Great pictures. I have not done it since it was 'a thing', but have done pieces of it before that. There are stories of too much traffic and congestion. How did you find it for that ? What time of year did you go ? Might like to give it a go. Applecross is hugely scary - is there any way to avoid it, or do you have to do that to complete the circle ?
MoragSybil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rebelricky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MoragSybil View Post
Great pictures. I have not done it since it was 'a thing', but have done pieces of it before that. There are stories of too much traffic and congestion. How did you find it for that ? What time of year did you go ? Might like to give it a go. Applecross is hugely scary - is there any way to avoid it, or do you have to do that to complete the circle ?
We did this last week, clockwise. There seemed to be more traffic going in the opposite direction, but definitely not congested. I imagine it would be a lot different in the summer. You don't have to drive over the Bealach na Ba, but it's an experience! My parents used to spend a lot of time on the West Coast and now I know why, I will be back..
rebelricky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If i can confirm the nc500 is dog friendly its on my to do for sure after florida
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rebelricky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
If i can confirm the nc500 is dog friendly its on my to do for sure after florida
I would say yes, we saw a lot of people with their dogs. There was quite a few motorhomes and campervans on this route, so there is a good chance that the dogs were travelling with them, but I'm sure you would be able to find dog friendly B&B's..
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by rebelricky - 24 Sep 19 10:41 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fab pictures my DH really wants to see Eilean Donan Castle so have have found your report really interesting
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List