Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Hi everyone long time no see AGAIN. I know, I know. Weighed in yesterday and had a gain of 0.5 lb which isn't bad considering we were away visiting family last weekend and I was totally off plan.

Looking forward to a good loss this week. Prepping tomorrow's lunch now, going to have tuna pasta salad.

Went for a carvery lunch today which wasn't too bad but treated myself to a roastie and a Yorkshire pudding

Just to jump on the bandwagon, I'm not a fan of overnight oats either but thought I was just doing them wrong at the moment for breakfast I have my 40g of weetabix minis for my HEB with soya milk which I use syns for.

Hope everyone's doing well xx
Hi Rosie 😀, half a pound gain when you've had a week with family isn't bad at all and you can Nairn it round by next week.
Hope you have a good week this week xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Chilli potato bake and salad for tea all free.
Just munched on a couple of meringues that's 4 syns but still only had 7 up to now today including the meringues x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I made proper oxo roasties today. I didn't turn them.

Yesterday was such a bad day for calories for me.
Brunch - sausage sandwich, bacon and beans.
Out for the day so a pint of lager and 2 tracker bars.
Dinner - Chicken tikka massala, half a pila rice and 2 bottles of Guinness Golden Ale
That must have come to 2,000 calories.

I'd been averaging about 1100 calories a day last week.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Hi Rosie 😀, half a pound gain when you've had a week with family isn't bad at all and you can Nairn it round by next week.
Hope you have a good week this week xx
I know I was quite surprised and relieved lol.

Chilli potato bake looks really tasty, what's the recipe? x
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post

Dinner - Chicken tikka massala, half a pila rice and 2 bottles of Guinness Golden Ale

I tried doing oxo roasties but they didn't come out right at all. How do people do them?

I'm sure you can turn things around, everyone has a bit of a blowout every now and again (like erm, me all week haha)
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post

How did the roasties turn out? Hope they were spot on and you enjoyed them... I could eat them everyday ... but it's allowed lol 👍👍👍.
Hope you've had a lovely weekend
Old 2 Jul 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
clare g
Apprentice Imagineer

could someone please help for a quick and easy cake for taster night

thankyou
Old 2 Jul 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Also not a great fan of the overnight oats. I like my toast too much and now discovered I can have 3 slices of the no crust wholemeal, that is what I tend to have most mornings. Although saying that I am going to try breaking up 2 orange hifi bars in an orange muller for tomorrows breakfast.
ooh... be interested to hear how that turns out. What do you have on your toast please?
Old 2 Jul 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Welcome to our happy little. And of slimmers 👋👋. Honestly once you've walked through the door you'll be fine and get all the help and support and advice you need and if you need a little bit more in between hopefully one of us will know so ask away. If you can try and change your habits and try to have something for breakfast it really is important to start your metabolism for the day. I used to not be a fan of overnight oats but I'm really enjoying them now and having them most mornings usually strawberry or cherry or raspberry and cranberry muller light topped with strawberries or pomegranate seeds , if I have pomegranate I have an apple after so I can say I had some speed with it lol. The new apple and elderflower muller lights with grated apple in and a sprinkle of cinnamon are nice.
Sometimes I have a quick cooked brekkie of mushrooms and tomatoes on a slice of whole meal toast with a bit of lean bacon or low fat sausage. Or just a yogurt and fruit or a couple of hifi bars or alpen lights.
1 stone 9 in 9 weeks can be done but maybe aim for a stone which is easily achievable in 9 weeks and then anything else is a bonus. My first week when I did slimming world the first time I lost 8lb but I did have tonsillitis 😳.
Lots of luck and let us know how you get on
Sam xx
Thanks sam. Some great ideas there. I have kind of been dieting for a while but fallen off the wagon and slowly the pounds are popping back on. (lost 34lb and now have only lost 21lb) am hoping that i can crack this before my hols and then tackle the rest when i return
Old 2 Jul 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bigkid39 View Post
ooh... be interested to hear how that turns out. What do you have on your toast please?
Must admit it is one meal I do not use speed food with unless I am not working. I tend to just have very light spread (which I syn) and marmite. I love marmite.

If I am not working I would have egg and tinned tomatoes.

On Saturday I have a full brunch, bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms. and use one of the slices to mop up the egg and tomato juice. This still leaves me with 2 if I fancy a sandwich in the afternoon before dinner.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread