Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I think you have proved my point here
You didn't previously mention anything about the size of dogs. It was just an irrational fear of dogs. So as you may expect, i am not scared of the dog in the picture.
I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested they have a fear of a dog that can do no / negligible harm.

I fully get your point about owners, most dogs will portray the characteristics taught by the owner, but while I have no knowledge of the owners of a strange dog, then I am in fear of it if it is capable of doing harm to me because of its size /speed/power.
I would be more calm around a dog who seemed to have responsible owners, but never totally at ease as ultimately if a huge dog " snaps" , contrary to its previous nature, then the victim of its behaviour is in trouble .
Yep, I hope it doesn't come across that I am disagreeing with you. I am absolutely not. You have your view - and by that definition alone its valid - beyond any argument.

What I am trying to do is voice a contrary view - not in argument, just to add balance to the thread.

Dogs are not the devil,
not super smelly,
not riddled with fleas,
wont pee and poo everywhere especially not inside a room and
wont attack every passer by -

IF the dog has a responsible owner who puts the time and trouble into making their dog sociable, wash it regularly, spends £20 per month on NexGuard, toilet trains it and walks it regularly and teaches it that any aggression is not tolerated.

I totally understand fear of dogs, I hope thru these posts people who fear dogs can see a little why some people love them so much.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 10:24 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I'm not, but some people might be, which is the important point. Some may also be allergic. So, this dog may cause issues, doesn't really matter what breed of dog. It's how it could potentially negatively impact someone's holiday.
yep I do agree, and Disney have said "dog rooms/areas" which people with allergies can request not to be in.

Its like nuts on a plane, shellfish/peanuts in food. If you have these conditions you need to contact the airline, restaurant, and in this case the hotel to ensure your allergies aren't aggravated.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Yep, I hope it doesn't come across that I am disagreeing with you. I am absolutely not. You have your view - and by that definition alone its valid - beyond any argument.

What I am trying to do is voice a contrary view - not in argument, just to add balance to the thread.

Dogs are not the devil,
not super smelly,
not riddled with fleas,
wont pee and poo everywhere especially not inside a room and
wont attack every passer by -

IF the dog has a responsible owner who puts the time and trouble into making their dog sociable, wash it regularly, spends £20 per month on NexGuard, toilet trains it and walks it regularly and teaches it that any aggression is not tolerated.
This is exactly it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

its the old let sleeping dogs lie. Its true, kids need trained around dogs more than dogs need trained around kids.
A toddler though can’t really be trained like an older child whereas an owner should be responsible enough not to leave a child alone with a dog, especially a dog that hasn’t got a good temperament.
Old 19 Oct 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
yep I do agree, and Disney have said "dog rooms/areas" which people with allergies can request not to be in.

Its like nuts on a plane, shellfish/peanuts in food. If you have these conditions you need to contact the airline, restaurant, and in this case the hotel to ensure your allergies aren't aggravated.
Don't think it's quite that simple for some, based on earlier comments on this thread. Also, disney are not stating that dogs will exclusively be housed in certain areas, simply that they would aim to - it's not a guarantee.

It's a shame that some resorts are now out of bounds for some families. For some, that may include their favourite one, which is sad.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Since this thread is mostly adults debating, arguing etc. I thought I would provide some kids thoughts on the topic. I mentioned to the kids 5+7 that there might be dogs on the busses and in the hotel on our next trip. I asked them if they still wanted to go to WDW.
Both said "no" and that they "didn't want to go back. So I am now off to find a family friendly destination for our next vacation. For our family WDW has literally gone to the dogs.
I hope that you find somewhere just as nice to go.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I love my dogs more than people, would I want to take them on holiday? No! As I know for a start they wouldn’t settle somewhere else, it would be too hot for them and I would constantly worry. I also think I would like to take my nieces to Disney then I think of the reality in that, there would be fighting, moaning and crying. I don’t think there will be that many dogs there.
I think if there is select rooms then that fine for people who want to take them but I wouldn’t (also couldn't anyway)
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
I love my dogs more than people, would I want to take them on holiday? No! As I know for a start they wouldn’t settle somewhere else, it would be too hot for them and I would constantly worry. I also think I would like to take my nieces to Disney then I think of the reality in that, there would be fighting, moaning and crying. I don’t think there will be that many dogs there.
I think if there is select rooms then that fine for people who want to take them but I wouldn’t (also couldn't anyway)
I think that unless you already live close to Florida (or in Florida), or plan on holidaying there for a long time (I'm talking a couple of months) it makes no sense to take dogs with you as the travel would be too distressing. I think that as you say this will limit the number of dogs. I daresay that you just won't see many dogs at all in the resorts. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I just can't see it happening due to stress on both dogs and owners along with the cost.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I think that unless you already live close to Florida (or in Florida), or plan on holidaying there for a long time (I'm talking a couple of months) it makes no sense to take dogs with you as the travel would be too distressing. I think that as you say this will limit the number of dogs. I daresay that you just won't see many dogs at all in the resorts. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I just can't see it happening due to stress on both dogs and owners along with the cost.
I don’t think the cost will put off people going for 2 or 3 nights and not doing parks. I’m not sure how many numbers that would be though with presumably most people there going to parks. I’d imagine anyone going for the theme parks will leave their dogs at home.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Also, disney are not stating that dogs will exclusively be housed in certain areas, simply that they would aim to - it's not a guarantee.
Nothing is guaranteed. You can't even be 100% certain you will be staying in the hotel that you booked, as there have been occasions where overbooking or temporary reductions in room inventory availability have meant some people get bumped to a different hotel. Yes it's quite rare, but it's not impossible. So look on encountering a dog issue in the same way - not 100% impossible, but not worth worrying yourself over either.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List