Notices

Old 17 Jan 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

loving the pre trip report
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
loving the pre trip report
Thanks for following. We've now pretty much put our itinerary together for the first three weeks before we head down to Cape Coral and have managed to fit in some complete rest days. It's all starting to come together very nicely
Can't wait now!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great trip you've got planned and how lovely to have invited your daughter's boyfriend along. I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans for each day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a great trip you've got planned and how lovely to have invited your daughter's boyfriend along. I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans for each day.
Lovely? or Crazy?... I'll let you know

We are just waiting for a couple more days of off site ADR's to come available although I having perused menus and prices I am not booking many as I just can't justify the cost of them when we know we can eat much better off site for less. I'll probably upload our itinerary so far (subject to change) in the next few days. 162 days feels like forever
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Lovely? or Crazy?... I'll let you know

We are just waiting for a couple more days of off site ADR's to come available although I having perused menus and prices I am not booking many as I just can't justify the cost of them when we know we can eat much better off site for less. I'll probably upload our itinerary so far (subject to change) in the next few days. 162 days feels like forever
I'm sure 162 days will fly by. The cost of paying OOP at Disney is certainly eyewatering.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm sure 162 days will fly by. The cost of paying OOP at Disney is certainly eyewatering.
You’re not kidding. I looked at adding an extra character meal for when we were off site but when I added it up and the gratuity I decided I’m not paying it. I can get a really nice meal off site for much less so I’m going to be a tightwad and forget that idea 😂
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
You’re not kidding. I looked at adding an extra character meal for when we were off site but when I added it up and the gratuity I decided I’m not paying it. I can get a really nice meal off site for much less so I’m going to be a tightwad and forget that idea 😂
We did exactly the same, you just can't justify it can you? It's time like this you realise just how beneficial the 'free' dining plan is! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I agree on the prices, a lot of them are staggering especially for character meals and with 10 year olds being adults at Disney. And there are so many great food options offsite too. The cost of trying to do any onsite meals will almost certainly push us into doing a few nights onsite again next time for free DDP
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I agree on the prices, a lot of them are staggering especially for character meals and with 10 year olds being adults at Disney. And there are so many great food options offsite too. The cost of trying to do any onsite meals will almost certainly push us into doing a few nights onsite again next time for free DDP
I was thinking of doing a 1900PF dinner. When you then think we will be 4 adults and 2 kids I would be looking at $306 plus any drinks, plus roughly 18% gratuity. I'm not going to get any change out of $400. Whilst I can see a meal for 6 being worth that I look at the menu and just can't see one ounce of value there. Maybe I will book one more meal just as an option then inevitably end up cancelling it before I have to get my wallet out

You're right about the dining plan being worth having when, "free". I am so glad now that I decided to upgrade to the DxDDP as I think that has worked out a bargain so we can smash lots of Disney restaurants in our first 5 days without it breaking the bank!

I may post my itinerary so far in a little while so people can let me know if I have made any glaring mistakes!
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
We did exactly the same, you just can't justify it can you? It's time like this you realise just how beneficial the 'free' dining plan is! X
As Eccle says, It's pretty much what pulled us back for 6 nights on this trip. Disney are amazingly clever. Massively overinflate hotel prices, massively overinflate food prices, throw a couple of people in a costume and somehow we are all happy we get a 'free' dining plan and have a good deal Geniuses!