Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Balance due now- Walt Disney Travel Company

Morning,

Apologies if this is a repeat question (did search but couldn't find a thread)

I received my " your balance is due soon" email yesterday, we are due to travel early July. I wanted to email (easier than calling as I am working) to ask if I could defer paying final balance due to parks not having a re-opening date (and I think its unlikely they will be accepting UK visitors even if they are open)

Can anyone share experiences of final payment conversations or advise best email address to use? I did reply to the email but received a "this mail box is not monitored" response.

Thank in advance

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Mobile

You would be best placed to call them. As I understand it you will lose your deposit if your don’t pay your full balance.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
From the FAQ section disneyholidays/wal...orary-closure/

I have an upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel. What does this mean for my holiday?
If you are arriving before 30th June 2020 and wish to change your reservation to a new date we will waive all amendment fees, and maintain your existing offer, if applicable. Please note that amended bookings which include transportation may incur additional costs. If you wish to cancel your reservation, we will provide a full refund.

If you arriving after 30th June 2020, then standard booking terms and conditions apply.

Only email I can find is: disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com

I do hope though that all goes to plan.

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

My balance is due in about 10 days and really at a loss what to do.

Me any my 13yo are due to go 3rd July for 17 nights before hubby was due to fly out and join us.

Flights not cancelled as yet, payed in full on CC VA

Paid £100 Disney deposit but as yet no offers for next year.

I’m hoping BoJo being back in office today might shed some light on how long and deep restrictions are likely to be ( especially regarding travel ).

I can’t see Disney being up and running and I can’t really see fco allowing travel, and tbh don’t fancy 17 nights on my own now with my son.

I just hope th lis week brings a little more in way of exit planning etc.. however far in the future that may be, it’s the uncertainty that’s making decisions difficult.
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Going to be in a similar both in just over 3 weeks time.
I just wish Disney was more realistic and just accepted that it is unlikely that international guests will be allowed to come in July and possibly August and defer payment of any balance for now until more clearer picture emerges.
Forcing people to adhere to payment timelines in the current circumstance just adds to everyone's stress and I am sure it increases workload for Disney telephone operators as people then ring to cancel or move their dates.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I called a couple of times about my balance, originally due 30th April but they didnt let me postpone it. It is always possible they change this policy but unlikely
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

our travel date was 24th July and I was allowed to re-book for December FOC.

Best to give them a call. I rang at 8am this morning and took 20 mins to get through
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeysgal
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
our travel date was 24th July and I was allowed to re-book for December FOC.

Best to give them a call. I rang at 8am this morning and took 20 mins to get through
Thanks for the info! Great to hear you were allowed to change free of charge! Ours is due soon too and looking to move to December. Did they allow you to keep any offers e.g. Disney dollars etc? Was the price the same as it would have been if you were to have made a new booking for December via the website?

Many thanks in advance!
Mickeysgal is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Any free dining I think the offer was only on for check in until 3rd october,so if you are wanting to travel after that I assume you would lose free dining and gift card
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

A problem that we have is that we are (OK, probably were) going in two groups this year. Three of us are booked with WDTC (UK) for mid-July flights, Port Orleans Riverside accommodation, 14-day tickets, and free dining plan. The other two are joining a few days later (we were stuck with term dates and higher flight prices) and are booked with Disney directly for the hotel portion, and Virgin for the flights. We already have annual passes which expire mid-August, so we don't need UK tickets.

The package booking element is simple, if WDTC cancel it (for flight or Disney reasons) we'll get our money back.

The stand-alone Disney hotel booking can be cancelled at no coast any time for any reason anyway, but what happens if the Virgin flights are then operating but Disney is not yet open to international guests? And the whole point of buying APs was to get two year's worth of holiday out of them, but obviously that won't work if we change our plans to next year. (We can get a partial refund at least, but that won't be a lot as it would only be for the period from mid-March to whenever they re-open).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List