Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’ve been doing lots of Disney at Home - crafts, recipes, movies, ride videos, we had a cruise day where I put out a tropical buffet and we watched the Tangled musical from Disney Cruiselines, we’re making our own sink-style bowl so we can still have the Kitchen Sink, the girls have made a toy Disney parade and a few of their own rides out of cardboard boxes, my youngest got a mermaid tail and various water toys for the paddling pool so we could have a ‘pool day’ and she still got to do Mermaid school, etc.

We’ve just booked a narrowboat holiday in Wales for the day we were due to fly out, so it will be lovely to have something exciting to do that day. DH and I will both have our birthdays on holiday, as we’d planned - just a different holiday, that’s all!

We’ve definitely found a lot of sparkly silver linings to this cloud
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

We are fortunate enough to have quite a large amount of expendable income, most of this usually goes on luxury holidays (3-4 per year). We were on the last Celebrity Edge Cruise from Miami in March, but I don't see us going abroad any time soon, so instead we have spent it on:-
-A new car.
-A caravan.
-A table tennis table.
-A table tennis robot (see above!)
-re-decorated and fitted out Utility (including new American style fridge freezer), Dinning room (new 12 seater dinning table) , Entrance hall, one large reception room (new 4 piece suite/carpet), two bedrooms and en-suites.
-Upgraded the equipment in the cinema room.

I have to say, of all of the above my absolute favourite thing is the table tennis table and one day very soon I will a game against the wife!
-

Edited at 07:35 AM.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
We thinking of getting hot tub instead of our canceled canaries hol. Where did you get hot tub from?
We got ours from the Lay Z Spa website but it seemed everyone else had the same idea as they were all out of stock.
We ordered end of April and it arrived early July.
I bought the mat to stand it on from the Range a chemical starter pack from Argos and a pack of 12 filters from amazon as it worked out about £30 cheaper than the pack they offer on their website.
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We were getting our garden landscaped but have now been told the paving slabs for the patio are impossible to source . Feeling very frustrated as we’ve been waiting years to do it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We should have gone to Orlando in April and I found it easier not to focus on what we would have been doing on certain days, or doing any pre-trip routines. I’d been planning the trip for 6-months and we’d got some fantastic things planned but I wasn’t as upset as I thought I would be about not going.

We’ve got 2 USA holidays booked (which can be changed) and have spent some money on the house instead.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We set up an outdoor cinema in the garden, watching Disney films with our favourite Disney snacks. Always closed out the evening by watching Happily Ever After
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List