Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jul 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another lovely day! Not tried the French restaurant at Epcot but have heard great things. We usually end up at Tepan Edo or the QS at the Mexican Pavillion. We aim to try a few more next time it might make the list.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Another lovely day! Not tried the French restaurant at Epcot but have heard great things. We usually end up at Tepan Edo or the QS at the Mexican Pavillion. We aim to try a few more next time it might make the list.
To be really honest - we were the same and also the QS in Japan too. This was our second visit to Chefs de France and it was great once again. The whole experience in here was excellent
We had previously avoided the place with so many other places to eat around Epcot. So glad we went in 2018 as it was great then and was again today
Get it on the list

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Another quality day making memories!

Great tip about busses from the Y&B! Something to watch out for!

I know you and I have spoke so many times about going slower and seeing more but it’s so true! Magic Kingdom is the best place for this of course but it should be done in all parks! Soak it in!

I was looking at all those hot dogs and realised to myself that I never eat a hod dog anywhere else but WDW! I don’t even like them but it has now become a tradition that I have to have one at Casey’s and I have to have one watching Fantasmic! I don’t actually know why!

The perfect timing of your fastpass for Space Mountain was a bit of local knowledge I feel

It was great to catch up this day also. So un expected as well! I still recall getting your text asking if we wanted to meet for a beer just as I was inline in Germany for a beer! I even looked over my shoulder to see if you were spying on us

I still don’t know how you all manage such early and late starts!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What a fab morning taking some time just to enjoy being in MK. It's a shame the rain changed your plans, although the new plans were great too, allowing you to meet with your friends.

I've heard so many good reviews of Chefs de France and yours just makes me more determined to eat there some day (please please come back, dining plan!) The steaks look lovely despite the obvious lack of vegetables and the desserts look divine. What a great spot you were sat in too

Nice end to the day with a distant IllumiNations viewing and more hot tub time. You're doing well with the early mornings and late nights so far.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
Another quality day making memories!

Great tip about busses from the Y&B! Something to watch out for!

I know you and I have spoke so many times about going slower and seeing more but it’s so true! Magic Kingdom is the best place for this of course but it should be done in all parks! Soak it in!

I was looking at all those hot dogs and realised to myself that I never eat a hod dog anywhere else but WDW! I don’t even like them but it has now become a tradition that I have to have one at Casey’s and I have to have one watching Fantasmic! I don’t actually know why!

The perfect timing of your fastpass for Space Mountain was a bit of local knowledge I feel

It was great to catch up this day also. So un expected as well! I still recall getting your text asking if we wanted to meet for a beer just as I was inline in Germany for a beer! I even looked over my shoulder to see if you were spying on us

I still don’t know how you all manage such early and late starts!

Was good to have such an impromptu meet up and to set the tone for what was to follow!

Think I even regaled Lou Mongello about our conversations about taking things that bit slower in every park ( For anyone reading it is here if you want to listen to the full podcast version
He agreed and I still think he nicked a bit for his own podcast teh following week

As for hot dogs - they taste so much different at Casey's maybe thats just as a place and time thing

Today was about making memories and just enjoying the whole bit of being onsite.
Whilst that does mean for early starts and late nights it is worth every single minute!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a fab morning taking some time just to enjoy being in MK. It's a shame the rain changed your plans, although the new plans were great too, allowing you to meet with your friends.

I've heard so many good reviews of Chefs de France and yours just makes me more determined to eat there some day (please please come back, dining plan!) The steaks look lovely despite the obvious lack of vegetables and the desserts look divine. What a great spot you were sat in too

Nice end to the day with a distant IllumiNations viewing and more hot tub time. You're doing well with the early mornings and late nights so far.

We were determined to enjoy every single minute of staying onsite -from the early starts to fireworks and late night swim/ hot tub.

As for Chefs de France, I have to admit it has been on our list through all of our dining plan holidays and we are still annoyed we crossed it off the list so many times

Oh to see the dining plan return and for the CRP to be back too

Glad you enjoyed our MK time and be warned , we don't let the rain spoil a Florida day - unlike today at home when I started decorating as it was such a miserable and cold day

Thanks for reading

Old 28 Aug 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

what a fab day! I dont know how you can eat so much on holiday - the heat and walking just kill my appetite aha

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How can you not like Pan?! I will admit I am not the biggest fan of Pooh, but Pan’s a classic – the flight over London is so special.

I love your MK Magic Shot. Wish we had sought out getting that one. Watch the video makes it seem like you are there right now.

Eye watering OOP cost at Casey’s, something that awaits us all if the absence of DDP continues.

The best thing about your Space Mountain ride photo is they probably thought you were the one that looked silly.

It is so great that the boys are old enough now to venture our in the World without the parents cramping their style, they must have a great time.

There’s nothing better than a window table at Chefs de France. I know the struggles of the dining plan all too well, it is like an Olympic Sport meal upon meal.

What a pity they don’t play the fireworks music onto the beach, I didn’t know that.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
what a fab day! I dont know how you can eat so much on holiday - the heat and walking just kill my appetite aha
DDP totally goes against our natural eating habits -
Just wait until off site days when we exist on a coffee and a pastry and then remember we need to eat after a long day in the parks

To have food available and know you need to turn up for a dining reservation is possibly better than the dining options later in the trip when off site.

Old 26 Oct 20, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
How can you not like Pan?! I will admit I am not the biggest fan of Pooh, but Pan’s a classic – the flight over London is so special.

I love your MK Magic Shot. Wish we had sought out getting that one. Watch the video makes it seem like you are there right now.

Eye watering OOP cost at Casey’s, something that awaits us all if the absence of DDP continues.

The best thing about your Space Mountain ride photo is they probably thought you were the one that looked silly.

It is so great that the boys are old enough now to venture our in the World without the parents cramping their style, they must have a great time.

There’s nothing better than a window table at Chefs de France. I know the struggles of the dining plan all too well, it is like an Olympic Sport meal upon meal.

What a pity they don’t play the fireworks music onto the beach, I didn’t know that.
Pooh and Pan are worthy of a discussion on our podcast!
Peter Pan - better experience in Paris and the WDW version in need of some love. As a ride I just don't get the love. IASW is better

That MK photo is one you only hope will exist after all these crazy days.

As is the costs of Disney food - perhaps the current situation will allow for an alignment of costs that means that the person in front paying OOP is not affording a DDP customer in front so called 'free food'