Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have a series 2, I mainly use it for checking messages / notifications and could do that with a cheaper Fitbit I’m sure. But I like it
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I have a series 4 I bought on launch day.

It would last the best part of 2 days, even with some quite intensive GPS usage for running, but I charge it every night out of routine as much as anything else.

If you have an interest in the sleep-tracking stuff, you'd need to find a time during the day (presumably when you're sitting down doing nothing so you don't "lose" steps etc) to charge it, but they charge pretty quickly.

I mainly use mine for activity tracking - running and walking - and it does fine. It's probably no better or no worse than other GPS-enabled trackers. I had a Garmin sportswatch prior to this.

I don't do a great deal with notifications frankly but I work for myself, at home, where I nearly always have both my iPhone and MacBook Pro to hand so there's not much I need to know that I'm going to know anyway.

One of the cunning useful features is being able to unlock your Mac just because you open the lid and are wearing your Apple Watch. My MacBook Pro has TouchID, but this is another level of friction removed.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went from no watch --> Series 2 (had some issues) --> Series 3 (still working after 3 years) --> Series 6

For me, they are definitely worth it. When my Series 2 had issues I went to the Apple store and bought a Series 3 within a day or so because I was so used to having one!

The main functions I use my Apple Watch for
- Apple Pay - more convenient than using my phone now (since with face masks my phone's face ID doesn't work that well).
- Notifications - mainly for quickly checking texts and emails
- Activity tracking
- Unlocking my Macbook (I have one with touch ID and one without, and it's especially great on the one without touch ID) and a few other random unlocking things

Activity tracking in particular is great for me, it really does motivate me to go out and run most days. I started running again when I got my first Apple Watch and so far it's motivated me to keep running.

I charge it every night.

Agree with the comments that cellular may not be necessary - I always have my phone with me (even when running) so almost never have a situation where I would need the cellular.
Old 29 Oct 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Have had mine since June and I love it. Use it in school to time things and quickly look at messages and emails, like that it tracks activity, helps keep me motivated to exercise, mainly walking and swimming. I tend to charge mine every night but my husband likes to track his sleep with his so charges his of an evening when he's watching tv, doesn't take long.
Old 29 Oct 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I have the series 4 and I love it. I wear/use it everyday.
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I had a series 2 for 3 years and my DH upgraded me to the bigger one in a series 5 for xmas.

I love it!

I use it at work to see texts/whatsapps / emails/ calls / eBay notifications (I run a small eBay business alongside my regular job)

You can use it for so many things, id really miss it if I didnt have it.

I dont think you need the cellular option. IMO its not needed
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Couple more quick thoughts in addition to my above post...

The Apple Watch haptic/vibration features is pretty nifty for me. It means I never miss phone calls even if my phone is in my bag or not within reach, and I can quickly glance at my watch to see who is calling.

If I set an alarm on my phone, when the alarm goes off (and I'm not currently using the phone) my Apple Watch also vibrates.

Heart rate/ECG (ECG is only on the Series 5/6): pretty cool, I like seeing how my heart rate changes throughout the day and during exercise. The ECG is a pretty cool feature too even if it isn't a full ECG.
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

I have had series 1, 3, 4 and now 6. When working it’s just easier to see who is ringing, texting, at my door than having to get my phone out. It’s great when using Apple maps as it taps your wrist when coming up to a junction. And I now like the fact I can have 💩 on my watch face 😊

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a series 3 and love it. As loads have mentioned one of my primary uses is to see who’s ringing/testing and I can quickly decide how important the call/text is and decide whether to get back to them.

I track my swimming as well.

The provided strap is so comfortable as well.
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

it also works with my ring door bell!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List