Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 14, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Good luck to all this week!

Physics today, we need a miracle...
I hear ya ! Good luck.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by taffgirl View Post
DD's DBF is doing his English today (1st of 2) - he's 27, and has been working really hard He's doing his Maths GCSE too x
Often harder to come back and do it later in life. Good luck to him !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

The media make me really angry when around results day they keep saying how much easier exams are today. So many teenagers work so hard on their exams and yet even if they get A's A*'s they are told its because its easy today.

Having seen my dd's through there exams, i took the mad decision to do geography A Levels this year as i didn't have the opportunity to do A Levels as a teenager. Wow, i only did two exams last week and i was completely shattered, had a migraine, blisters on my hands from all the writing, though this did include mega writing in the lead up, felt fine coming out of the exam, but then felt awful a couple of hours later, as if i had a bad case of jet lag.

Good luck to all your kids, as stressful as it is for us parents, i do think its tougher on the other side.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Good luck to everyone today.

DD has two German exams this morning and two physics this afternoon. Four in one day seems an awful lot but at least that leaves her clear until Friday.

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

My DD has just let me know that her two German exams this morning went well Two Physics this afternoon, she'll be exhausted, then English Lit tomorrow and Thursday and History and Drama on Friday. I'm tired just thinking about it!
Good luck to all

Edited at 12:29 PM.
tiggersbestmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Well I don't think much studying got done in our house at the weekend - she's worn out!

Physics this afternoon with History, Geography and 2 x English Lit papers later this week. Then nothing else until 2 x Maths week commencing 9th June

Isn't it funny how they are so different? Physics comes quite easy to Rosie (famous last words) but she totally flunked Biology!

Good luck Dibblets!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 14, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Well I don't think much studying got done in our house at the weekend - she's worn out!

Physics this afternoon with History, Geography and 2 x English Lit papers later this week. Then nothing else until 2 x Maths week commencing 9th June

Isn't it funny how they are so different? Physics comes quite easy to Rosie (famous last words) but she totally flunked Biology!

Good luck Dibblets!
I'm just glad half term is next week. I think they're all going to need some time to chill before the next lot!

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 14, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Well last two exams tomorrow before half term. Poor Ds is in a right tizz, it's English Lit , ( poems) and geography and he feels there is too much to remember. He's already saying he doesn't want to open his results in front of anyone he is convinced he has done so badly. I'm so sad for him, it's a rubbish way to feel.

Hope it's better where you are !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Well last two exams tomorrow before half term. Poor Ds is in a right tizz, it's English Lit , ( poems) and geography and he feels there is too much to remember. He's already saying he doesn't want to open his results in front of anyone he is convinced he has done so badly. I'm so sad for him, it's a rubbish way to feel.

DS has the same two tomorrow too! I just can't wait for them to be over - we'll definitely need a holiday, but I know the results will be on our mind, we land back a few days before they come out!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 14, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post

My daughter has those two tomorrow as well...although I think she has one on Friday as well.
My son in year 10 is also taking Eng Lit so it's been quite interesting to see them help each other with revision.

The school have also organised a day next week for maths revision for the exam the following week which I think is helpful... exams finish June 12th for her then it'll be prom, prom, prom !
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread