Notices

Old 6 Jan 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

The Adventures of Dani-Johnboy - The Wedding pre trip report

Hi all,
surprised to see me here 6 months late after vowing to do a live trippy? Me too!

I had fully intended on completing a live report during my July trip as I really wanted to be able to look back on it in the future. When I arrived however, a live trippy was not to be. It was 2 weeks of non stop chaos - in a good way. I pretty much gave up on the idea but after a festive period of catching up with family and friends and reminiscing about the holiday, I decided to note down everyone's accounts with as much detail to write a trip report after all.
If you want any extra details about the wedding, have a look on my wedding thread - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=997770
A few things have changed since then though...

John and I were very lucky to have just over 30 people travel to spend our special day with so to avoid confusion I will mainly focus on the people who stayed in the villa with us, as well as focus on what John and I got up to each day.

So lets get on with the report!

The Cast
John (27) Danielle 28 (me)

My Mum and Dad

John's Brothers Alexander (Ally) (21) and Harry (19)

John's Mum Karen and her friends Evelyn and Gill

My Sister Ashleigh (32), Her husband Paul (32) and their two girls Macie (5) and Marlie (3)

My brother Jonathan (26) and his girlfriend Claire (25)

My bridesmaid Fiona (Fee) (28) and her fiancé Sean (29)

My bridesmaid Katherine (28) and her fiancé Jackson (34)

John's friend Allan (34)

Accomodation
We are all staying in this gorgeous villa called St George's Manor in Formosa Gardens.

Flights & Car Hire
We have a flydrive booked with Virgin holidays. 7/7/18-21/7/18. Direct flights from Glasgow to Orlando International.
And John has hopes to get this car:

John and I will be sharing a car with his Mum and brothers. My mum and Dad have their own car to share with my brother and Claire. Ashleigh and Paul have their own car for themselves and the girls.
Fee and Sean have booked their own car and will give Katherine and Jackson a lift most days. Allan has treated himself to a mustang convertible and Gill and Evelyn are sharing a car between them.
I don't think it would work any other way - because we were sharing the one villa I think we all needed the freedom of our own cars.

Tickets
John and I were on a bit of a budget this year due to wedding costs and so bought 2 day magic your way Disney tickets and the 14day universal pass which included volcano bay.

Plan
I have spent 2 years planning this holiday and the wedding, which was quite difficult because of the number of people involved. Some people were staying the full 2 weeks, some arriving before and after us and some people only staying for a week.However everyone was happy for me to make a plan of what John and I were doing and following along if it suited them.

So that was the plan (roughly)
My sister got married abroad in Mexico in 2012. She and Paul had to decide on 1 hotel for 40 people. They had £30,000 of debt to the travel agent in their names as they booked it as a package holiday.
Thankfully with Florida there are so many options so that people can please themselves - villa, hotel, apartment condo, split stay etc. The best part being John and I were not "responsible" for their holiday.

In addition to the people mentioned and pictured above, we had additional guests for the wedding.
John's Uncle David and his wife Leona
Leona's daughter Lisa and her children - Elle and Jackson
Leona's other daughter Amy and her son Kai
Family Friend Shona, her husband Dave. Dave's father George and Shona's son Grant
Family friend Bob, his partner Judith and her son Jonathan

so we had 2 Jonathans, 2 Johns and 2 Jacksons!

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List