Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The Clarion at LBV give me honest opinions

I've just paid a £15 deposit with Travel Zoo for the Clarion at LBV from end of April next year. It's only £450 for two adults, 9 nights., £50 per night seems amazingly cheap!
DH and I agreed on a cheapie few days doing just Hollywood studio's for one day. We've stayed at the Home wood suites on I drive once, but apart from that on site or in a villa. Going to manage expectations for a budget hotel, but had anyone any opinions or can recommend what room to request if that's possible.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

We've stayed a few times at the Clarion, not for a few years though, we always found it pleasent and the location suited us, we never spend a lot of time in the hotel, just see it as a bed for the night.
As for expectations we always found it clean and have never had any issues with noise, yes you can get children running down outside corridors but you can get that at any hotel, we always ask for the top floor, at least then it minimizes the risk of hearing people above you.
We found the facilites OK, never used the resturant though, it's not to far to walk to local resturants.
Would stay there again.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
Being a bit Goofy

We stayed here last August and would say it is a decent budget hotel. Location wise, it's 5-10 mins max from the edge of Disney property and has plenty of restaurants and fast food type places within a 2-5 min drive. Not too far to Premium outlets and Universal either. Rooms are typical basic motel rooms - clean with comfy beds. Housekeeping were great. We had room 1111 (ground floor) which faced the car park and was really convenient when going out or coming back. Only minor issue was that there was occasionally a pick up/drop off for a coach just outside the room but as we were up and getting ready it didn't matter. Could be a problem if you wanted a lie in though. Pool was close and also very clean. Pool was also room card controlled and would only allow access during pool opening times and towels were provided too. Didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that.
We've actually booked again for October for 11 nights and also next August too.
Sept 15 - Rosen Inn @ Pointe | Sept 16 - Caribbean Beach Resort | August 17 - Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 18 - Polynesian Resort | Aug 18 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 19 - Universal's Aventura Hotel | Oct 19 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 21 - Hard Rock & Coronado Springs | Xmas 21 - Polynesian | August 22 - Royal Pacific Resort, Old Key West & Bay Lake Tower
robbo21982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We'll you know my thoughts on it Judy😁Honestly, it's a fab so called budget hotel, I'll quite happily keep going to it when I want a bargain holiday.Location is great for getting around easily without hiring a car.. loads of good restaurants to walk to, including the newly opened Manny's..when are you going? xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

3 years ago we needed a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise and 3 nights after it.
We considered the Clarion for both as it was such a good deal. We ended up only booking for the 2 nights at start of holiday.
DH & I both agreed that had we booked it for post cruise, we would have written off the cost of the booking not gone back.
Our room was really dingy and the breakfast area was noisy and messy.
I know it is a popular hotel & agree location is good and grounds are nice, just definitely not for us.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed there twice and loved it. Friendly staff, basic but nice room and fantastic location.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
3 years ago we needed a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise and 3 nights after it.
We considered the Clarion for both as it was such a good deal. We ended up only booking for the 2 nights at start of holiday.
DH & I both agreed that had we booked it for post cruise, we would have written off the cost of the booking not gone back.
Our room was really dingy and the breakfast area was noisy and messy.
I know it is a popular hotel & agree location is good and grounds are nice, just definitely not for us.
I definitely wouldn't do breakfast though as there are so many other choices nearby..roomwise,I don't rate many of the Disney rooms we've stayed in any better to be honest...our room last month.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We'll you know my thoughts on it Judy😁Honestly, it's a fab so called budget hotel, I'll quite happily keep going to it when I want a bargain holiday.Location is great for getting around easily without hiring a car.. loads of good restaurants to walk to, including the newly opened Manny's..when are you going? xx
Thanks Linda 😁 I didn't want to mither you on your holiday. I hope we can make it work with our leave, I'm already getting carried away with planning!
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We stayed last September and also stayed there in 2015, we like it, lovely and clean, basic but thats not and issue, great staff and so close to Disney!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 06:21 PM.
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we always stay in the Clarion, at least 10 times in the past 7 years. It is clean, safe and a great location. In all those times we have never eaten there as there are much better choices within a stones throw. They had a refurb this year so all the bathrooms have been redone. It depends on your expectations really. Its not a resort or themed but we love it there
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List