Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Tesco changes

Just been for my weekly shop & was pleasantly surprised to see they’ve done away for the arrows on the floor, I for one was happy as means no going up one aisle just to get to the next one 🙊I must admit I did keep checking the floor to see if I was wrong you just go to the till you want now & no queuing down the drinks aisle anymore for a till the cashier said it’s changed with the new 1 metre rule
Asda still has arrows yesterday though
Happy food shopping everyone
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I think they caused more problems than they solved in the bigger stores. Having to follow other people just to be going the 'right direction' when you just wanted a short cut to the jam..or whatever you needed 😁
I think Tesco have handled this well are being the most sensible

Edited at 08:05 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Good, well done to them.

I must check in our Asda on Friday but God love most of the shoppers they got it wrong anyhow.

I'm chilled out about the whole thing. I go the right way up/down the aisles and I don't bother with anybody else or what they are doing. Far too much hysteria about what other people are up to.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Tesco have always been the most organised from all the supermarkets I have visited since lock-down.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, Tesco seem to have been the most sensible.
Made the mistake of “popping” to Sainsbury’s the other day thinking it would be like Tesco is now but was still a queue to get in and then the couple in front of me were told they couldn’t go in together so the wife should go in first and then the lady at the door would send the husband in!
What’s the point ?!
They’ll walk round inside together anyway and she even said that was ok, so how this makes a difference is beyond me .
No common sense
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Tesco is pretty much back to normal. It’s just a lot quieter than it was pre lockdown, even Saturday lunchtime
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Every Little Helps 😂

Disney332
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Tescos have handled this situation very well indeed - my local one has always been spot on. Yes the arrows have gone now ( not that anyone followed them and with only 3 aisles is was near impossible anyway) and all signs around here in parks and stores changed from 2 metres to 1 so the sensible relaxation is now in place
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I must be the only one that quite likes the social distancing shopping in supermarkets, apart from Sainsbury's who won't let two in together, I dont mind waiting a few minutes to enter a supermarket and then have a nice quiet shopping experience.
I was quite happy with the 2m rule although some never quite grasped what 2m looks like so there was a bit of dodging needed now and then 😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree, Tesco have been great. Asda was a shambles with more people ignoring the arrows and going the wrong way than not. There was no need for it, I accept it wasn’t ideal but it was a minor inconvenience at best and I can’t believe that people were so self absorbed that they thought the system didn’t apply to them!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List