Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I rarely leave the house at the moment, but I needed to take a faulty item back to John Lewis today so headed to Brent Cross. There was barely anywhere open to eat (Wagamama, Steak n Shake, Costa and Starbucks was all that was open). We decided on Wagamamas and had a lovely Yaki Soba, salted Carmel cheesecake and a few Sprites. Received £19.60 ‘Eat out’ discount for the 2 of us.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m just home after a very tasty tapas with some friends. Not only did I get my £10 saving, it’s also part of the Amex Shop Small promotion so I saved £15 altogether - bargain!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Lovely to see so many people.taking it up. I hope it has the desired effect and we all keep going once it stops.

I would generally have a takeaway and have been finding it very pleasant to sit down. So perhaps for me !

There are loads of fab photos on the foody forum thread. People live near some amazing restaurants. 😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1177914
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Went out on the bike last night. Leeds seemed like a Friday night, tons of people eating and drinking, was amazed.
Mrs YT won’t eat out in the week so we are paying full price at The Ivy Saturday, suspect it’ll be quieter than a Tuesday!

Edited at 06:59 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

My salad that went with my falafal, had already started to eat that! We went to the Turkish restaurant again, four of us with starters, mains and 2 Perrier waters £43 it really is a good offer.
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It’s hard to book at table now Monday - Wednesday where I live, so it’s nice to see people eating out helping the local restaurants. Most of our good local restaurants are family run and not part of a chain, so hopefully this will help them survive. Hopefully people will continue to eat out once August is over like they did before.

I went out last night and the £20 discount covered the cost of the cocktails we were drinking, so very happy.

Ive been to a few restaurants now, usually Friday or Saturday night and been really happy with all the measures in place to keep customers and staff safe.
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Went out on the bike last night. Leeds seemed like a Friday night, tons of people eating and drinking, was amazed.
Mrs YT won’t eat out in the week so we are paying full price at The Ivy Saturday, suspect it’ll be quieter than a Tuesday!
We ate lunch at the Ivy in York on Monday. Was booked as soon as they re opened and before the eat out scheme announced so a bonus. Seating arrangements were really good, infact we were seated upstairs in the usually private dining area they are now using due to social distancing.
It’s lovely up there, light and airy.
People were eating outside as new seating now there. Our bill was still over £100 after the discount and my hubby doesn’t drink.. With the limited seating doubt it will seem any less busy than usual.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Went to TGI’s on Monday, our £90 bill went down to £45, which was great as the food not that good. Going to local pub this afternoon for a carvery with the girls and grandson then keeping him over to let number one daughter and son in law go out for steaks so the eat out to help out is sure working.

TGI had the social distancing perfect we all agreed. Lots of space between tables and staff had visors on. No walking in either just bookings to manage numbers. Excellent 🤗
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Took the kids for a carvery Monday, visited a local pub last night And had a fabulous meal, and had lunch out today in a local pub which was amazing.
Next week another Carvery booked and a breakfast!
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Went out for pre-booked table at 730. Were told starters would be out at 9. We left. Now eating takeaway kebab. £6.50 pp. £3.50 more than the rump steak would have been if we had stayed 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List