Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You know what...

I logged back in and...

I was going to reply to the ever ending debate on economic v lockdowns...

I was going to comment on the why are we rising thread

And then

I watched the scenes from last night in Liverpool ( similar scenes in Europe but not as blatant) and reflected on recent other events , marches, Street parties, etc etc and realised, that if cases are rising then itís clear that thousands of people are not following the guidelines given, they are clearly not socially distancing and basically they donít give a ≈≈≈≈ about other peopleís, including their own mothers, fathers brothers or sisters lives, let alone yours or mine, they donít care about their own economic future or that of their own families let alone yours or mine, they donít care about their own families not getting cancer treatment, let alone you or me, they simply donít care... so I fail to see how a lockdown will work apart from stemming the tide, which I get, but then the same idiots will be out and about again once we unlock, in February, posters will once again be going around in circles about what is exponential growth, how sage have got the figures wrong, the app doesnít work, Boris is crap Hancock Is stupid, endless circles and yet the elephant is clearly big grey and in the room...

So my last opinion on the subject is simply, the world has far too many stupid people in it, and until those stupid people are dealt with..donít ask me how, thatís not my problem... I canít see this virus going anywhere for a very very long time. Locking down, opening up etc etc will be totally irrelevant whilst people put getting ≈≈≈≈≈≈ in pubs ahead of everything else, itís not about closing pubs, restaurants etc itís about individual accountability which sadly, it seems to me, has flown the coup an long time ago, and thatís now clear to see.

Had to get this off my chest. Logging off again now

Enjoy your day... wherever you are and stay safe, but then again Iím preaching to the converted we all know we follow the basic guidelines...

Edited at 07:22 AM.
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BerkshireBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

I agree almost word for word with everything you posted about except ..."its not my problem" ...I disagree I think its all of our problem and I think we need to take both personal and collective responsibility

Take care Tink
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

100% spot on - Bulls Eye

The biggest threat to mankind is mankind itself.

Other threads on this subject are a farcical, but they indulge the contributors.

Stay Safe TB.

Disney332
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I agree almost word for word with everything you posted about except ..."its not my problem" ...I disagree I think its all of our problem and I think we need to take both personal and collective responsibility

Take care Tink
It is all our problem BUT
How, how if Iím at home can I be responsible for hundreds of people marching or in cities getting drunk and not doing what they are told to. Itís is all our problem but itís very clear that for many, itís more of our problem than thiers... who is going to tell a group of drunks, people on a march to go home!
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well put Tinkerbell, I'm currently watching TV and last night I said to my OH I bet a section of the public will gather together tonight before restrictions come in and low and behold I see footage on itv... wish I was as good with the lottery numbers.

When you follow the rules for yourself, family, friends and strangers and see things like this, and not just that it's been going on for a long time it's not just singling out the people of Liverpool, if anything the people that came together were following the behaviour of some others... Well it sticks in your throat a bit 😭🤬
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Mobile

We're in Cumbria (medium risk), our police have reported that there's a plan by Scottish football fans to travel down at the weekend to go to the pub 😤
Anne K is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Spot on Tinkerbelle, whatís the saying you canít cure Stupid! It makes me so mad, as someone whoís doing everything to keep my household safe, Iím not sure how any of the politicians or civic leaders keep their tongues in check when they see those pictures, self responsibility has gone out the window, maybe they should be refused treatment if they catch the virus? But no that would be against their human rights!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Yes I decided a couple of weeks ago the only behaviour I can control is my own. Therefore it I limit my social contacts I'm doing my best to keep my family safe. Really all down to personal responsibility, nothing else.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Yes I decided a couple of weeks ago the only behaviour I can control is my own. Therefore it I limit my social contacts I'm doing my best to keep my family safe. Really all down to personal responsibility, nothing else.
Exactly right.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

What it boils down to is certain individuals think their Ďrightí to not wear a mask and/or not stick to social distancing is more important than other peopleís health and lives.

4 people down my road have cancer - theyíve hardly set foot out of their houses for nearly 7 months. Doesnít concern those who donít want to wear a mask - their rights are more important.

My neighbour lost his sister last week. Heís elderly with a heart condition that usually doesnít hold him back. He was advised by his doctor not to travel (Essex to Northumberland) to visit & say his goodbyes. He ďattendedĒ her funeral via Zoom. But that doesnít matter because someone else felt their choice to cram into a packed pub took priority.

I canít see a way through all this.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List