Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Oct 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What presents have you bought?

What have you bought friends and family for Christmas or are planning on buying them? I need some inspiration for gifts, I also need to buy dh a new tablet but not a iPad he’s not a fan even though I love mine! Please tell me I need something to distract from my dreary current mood and share your gift ideas!
Old 26 Oct 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have bought personalised snackbowls for various family members, a personalised waterbottle, some jigsaws and games. For MIL I will get some recipes printed into a spiralbound ”book” - she is difficult to buy for so I feel this is more personal. I will add some photos etc into the print. Grandparents will get some printed photos of kids in frames.
SIL will get a necklace. All our relatives lives outside of UK so it will all be posted in parcels - hence needing to plan and organise early.

Laptop to one son, the other wants a new phone and the whole family will get a Playstation 5 if I can get one when they are released.

Going to get DH some new tennis shoes.
Old 26 Oct 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve bought my Mum a laptop so she’ll be more comfortable on our Skype/Zoom calls. She’s had that already though so I’ll send her something small for Christmas too
I’ve got a family friend a nice candle and some hand cream and face cream that she likes.
I’ve just sent my kids (aged 12 DD and 16 DS) off to do their Christmas lists. But in the meantime I’ve bought dd an Oodie, His Dark Materials bookset and an eyeshadow palette by James Charles (apparently some famous make-up artist 🤷) I’ve got DS the “What if” book - link posted on the Unique Gifts thread, and the Exploding kittens game.
The sister/brother in laws will get the usual combination of wine, candles and bath sets but I’m trying to buy online from Irish shops to support jobs in small businesses who have been forced to close. Timing is also a bit of an issue here because I’m going to have to get things delivered directly to their houses!
I have a few ideas for my sister and brother in law but I’m absolutely stumped for the nephews and nieces on both sides!
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have bought ... nothing.

I read with interest all the threads but I have no inclination to buy anything. I am totally determined not to buy 'stuff' for the sake of it and have had talks regarding reducing number of presents and the value of them and that makes me happy.

I admire all of you who are out there getting organised. In my mind I'm waiting till December.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have bought ... nothing.

I read with interest all the threads but I have no inclination to buy anything. I am totally determined not to buy 'stuff' for the sake of it and have had talks regarding reducing number of presents and the value of them and that makes me happy.

I admire all of you who are out there getting organised. In my mind I'm waiting till December.
Ditto.

Ive bought nothing at all. (Apart from some Spam for Christmas day)
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I see tinned ham in the US On Christmas films and they love it , I wonder if it’s any good? I make my ham in coke and it’s delicious!
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My eldest daughter has requested a guitar - acoustic not electric thankfully😳. I am seriously tempted to wrap up an empty box and tell her it's an air guitar😂.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

A packet of fudge.

I’m usually super organised, this year I just cannot be bothered and have no Christmas motivation at all. I’ve really reined myself in, and I’m not buying things for the sake of it.
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
A packet of fudge.

I’m usually super organised, this year I just cannot be bothered and have no Christmas motivation at all. I’ve really reined myself in, and I’m not buying things for the sake of it.
This is me, trying to get in the swing of things
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
This is me, trying to get in the swing of things
I got my Christmas notebook out to start my organising, but it’s like all my oomph has just gone.

I’ve asked my Son and Daughter to send me their wish lists, so hopefully that might motivate me.

Fingers crossed Sandra, we’ll get motivated.