Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Oct 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

Waitlist and cancelling

Hi
I am trying to book a week in a 2 bed at Copper Creek (my home resort) and my first day will be available to book on Friday
I went on the site today and clearly people are walking their reservations as there was no availability for the newest day

I need the 30 Sept for 8 nights
Currently only the 28 September is unavailable but the unavailable day seems to be moving forward one each day when the new dates are released
I don't want to walk a reservation, but equally I cant change my travel date.
If I book from 27 September it would put me on the waitlist as 28 is unavailable but then I would have the first few days that I actually need booked (30/09 onwards)
Could I then cancel the 27 and 28 from the request and be left with what I want or is the waitlist for the whole period you want to book and so if I cancel one day I lose them all
Sorry, for the long post - I hope it makes sense!
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I would book what is available right now, then check just before 1pm each day to add the extra day. After the 30th I'd do what you said - cancel up to that date.

I wouldn't rely on waitlisting.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Looking at the availability it looks like the 2 bed lock offs are being walked for Studios and the standard 2 beds are also being walked but the availability for the rest of Sept is open, I'd hazard a guess that you will be able to get the standard 2 bed by stalking the walker.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I would book what is available right now, then check just before 1pm each day to add the extra day. After the 30th I'd do what you said - cancel up to that date.

Just a quick note to say that it's midday at the moment, until the clocks change in Florida on 1st November and it goes back to being 1pm
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post

The problem is the day that is unavailable is the 28 Sept and that is the furthest out you can book your first day.
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

I was on the site at 12, so not sure how the availability went so quickly
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I found booking my studio at Copper Creek hard for June into July next year. However all of my dates opened up the day after they were originally released. I assume I was following a walker.
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all the comments 😀
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you can walk it, walk it. If your dates are set then you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. Until they stop it happening it will become common practice for those that have fixed dates and are set on getting what they want.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

Quick update- managed to dive onto booking at 12 today and got the days I wanted. Happy days 😊