Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Sheraton Vistana Village I-Drive or LBV or Floridays - Please help!

Hello everyone,

We are booked into Hard Rock for one week to do Universal etc, and then second week we want to stay closer to Disney.
There's myself, two teenagers and two aged 5 and 6, and we are too late for meal plan etc and don't want to be in cramped hotel room.
therefore have narrowed it down to Sheraton Vistana Villages LBV (not the resort) Sheraton Vistana Villages I-Drive, or Floridays I-Drive.
We will not be driving.

I like the idea of Sheraton LBV as slightly closer to Disney. Does anyone know what its like for a supermarket and walking to reasonable eating places? I will need to take lunches etc to the park to save money.

However also like the look of Sheraton I_Drive as pools look a bit more fun for little ones, and there's a Publix nearby. Can anyone advise me on this?

Floridays also looks good but a few people have said its not great if you don't drive as its very spread out.

Basically the purpose of the week is to hammer the Disney Parks, but I need cheap eating places and supermarket nearby.

Please help! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
noneekins
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed at the vistana villages. Was very pleased with it. Accommodation and pools are great. However it's not within walking distance of anything. I would say in the heat even publix would be too far. It is however only a couple of mins walk to the I-ride trolley bus which will take you up and down international drive and drop you off near loads of restaurants etc. Not sure if it stops at publix and the outlet mall, but you can have a look at their map online and it shows you all the stops. We had a car, but still used this as it was easier than trying to find parking.
noneekins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thankyou!
Yes I suppose it all looks close on a map
I am glad you were pleased with it though it looks lovely there!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mich and Amber
Getting Excited

Hi

We really like Vistana Villages and will be staying there again in just under 4 weeks. The I trolley does stop at Publix and the Outlet Mall at the bottom of I Drive. You could buy weekly passes from the concierge at Vistana Villages the last time I was there. There was also a shuttle to Disney but it was only a couple of times a day and you have to pay ( although Virgin customers didn't)

There is a pirate pool next to building 25 at The St Augustine village part.

Michelle
Mich and Amber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerishtink
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Vistana LBV and we loved it but it is huge and don't think I would consider it without a car. We were able to walk to Walgreens and a few eating places round about. They do shuttle services but not sure how they work. There is a supermarket within Vistana but never used it. It is a beautiful resort and I would definitely go back 😀
Old 18 Jul 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

Floridays is walkable to Publix and to the outlets if you don't mind a longish walk.There is a Benihana at the end of the drive and an Outback near to Publix. I would guess that it is the best of the three without a car. Floridays is a fairly compact resort have a look at it on Google Earth to give you a better idea.
We stayed at the Sheraton at LBV a few years ago and from what I remember you couldn't really go anywhere without a car although I may just have not found the way out of the resort!
Old 18 Jul 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed at both Sheraton Vistanas. They are both close to that Publix. The only real difference is LBV has a bit more onsite, but has older rooms.
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

We are staying st Floridays and not driving. Shuttle times look good, iride to restaurants and when none of that suits will use Uber.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We love Sheraton Vistana Resort at LBV, have been around 15 times. It's a lovely resort but it's huge and you really need a car to get about I think.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread