Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Sep 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Winter the Dolphin

Hi, Ive heard sometimes disabled kids can swim with Winter, Is this true?
Also, we dont drive. how far is clearwater? I think my little boy would benefit greatly from seeing Winter. Hes almost 8 and has cerebral palsy. Where is bet to get tickets and transport?
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

As far as I know no one can enter the water with Winter but you can definitely arrange to meet her! It’s worth contacting CMA to see what they can arrange, they’re really helpful.

Clearwater is approx 100 miles from Orlando and we drive there but I’m sure I’ve seen threads on here about getting the bus. I’m sure someone will be able to help.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Ive just seen it on florida tix with coach travel. The pick up point is our hotel! £48 for adults, £43 for kids. Im debating whether to just take my son and leave my hubby to do something with the other 2 kids
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as above pretty sure no one can enter the water but they definatley had some pictures of disabled kids interacting with winter from the waterside?

maybe worth contact them and making an enquiry

seewinter/about/contact-us/

HTH
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks, ill get in touch. He is mad on dolphins. We are watching the film on friday night for movie night. I told.him there's a disable dolphin and his face lit up.
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

In 2007 my daughter who was 4 went swimming with winter.
This was before all the movie stuff went out.
It used to be a very basic rescue centre.
We had paid for her to feed winter it was a very quiet afternoon. When the fish came out it was off and there was no way they could feed winter the fish, they said could we come back later that day when they had some more. Sadly we were on our way back to Orlando so couldn’t come back. They said we should go to the counter and get a refund. We said we would get it on our way out.
Whilst walking around the aquarium one of the ladies caught up with us and asked if my daughter would like to get in with winter instead...
Well off she went and it was amazing. Something we will always remember.
We went 2005 2006 2007 and I can’t remember if it was 08 or 09 when it went Disney. Sadly I really don’t think it’s the same anymore.
It went to big to soon and lost something very special.
But it’s still a nice place to go around especially to see winter and hope.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thank you for your replies x
Old 25 Sep 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

OP in case you didn’t already know there are webcams on the seewinter.com site so your son can watch Winter and the other dolphins. Once he’s watched the film, I’m sure he’ll be very keen to visit Winter. It’s a lovely place, the staff are really engaging and there’s enough to fill a few hours.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We have watched the film tonight. He loved it. Hes already sais hes going on the website tomorrow haa.
Old 6 Oct 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Charlie is getting to meet Hope through the inspire program. Thanks everyone xx