Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Halloween in Celebration

Morning all, next year we will be going to mnsshp on Oct 30th and for the 31st I’m thinking of going to Celebration, can anyone that’s done it make any suggestions, what time to go, where to eat, is it worth going etc, thanks
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stetash
Getting to know the DIBB

We’re doing exactly the same but this year, it’s my 40th birthday on the 31st so lazy morning planned after the MNSSHP and then we’ve booked into the Celebration town tavern for lunch and are planning to go trick or treating around the town late afternoon.
stetash is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
blah11
Getting Excited

Mobile

The little kids start about 4pm and by 7pm it’s crazy busy and cars can’t actually get in! We did a walk around celebration, icecream then changed into costume, trick or treating for an hour or so which the kids got looooads then we went to millers for dinner which was kids eat free as in costume. The houses are amazingly decorated and the majority of houses take part. We loved it but don’t leave it too late to go as traffic is literally gridlocked.
blah11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thank you for those suggestions, we will definitely go nice and early, can you recommend a good spot to park?
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
josephus_fl
slightly serious Dibber

josephus_fl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just remember that if you're visiting a community for trick or treating or just to wander around that you're actually visiting people's homes and not an actual theme park.

I'm currently undecided on where I sit on the argument regarding outsiders visiting a community to trick and treat. I live just outside Orlando so I have a different perspective on the evening.

A lot of kids live in neighborhoods which aren't the safest to allow kids to trick or treat and others live in rural areas where it isn't practical. Trick or treating is great fun for kids and I wouldn't want any of them to miss out. My own daughters have been planning costumes and working on candy strategies for months. It's an exciting evening which is on par with Christmas and Birthdays in terms of anticipation.

On the flip, if communities get overwhelmed then that's no fun for the people who live there. Imagine if you're trying to go home or have to leave that evening because of an emergency and literally can't get into or out of your street? At my home we'll have over $100 of candy outside on Halloween, but I know neighbors who'll easily spend double/triple this. It builds community and it's a fun social night for residents to catch up with each other as many people sit outside their homes with tables. When you get outsiders visiting, it deminishes this. It is frustrating when you put out a platter of candy for your community to have hoards of kids from outside take most of it.

Fortunately, I live in a gated community so we don't get many 'tourist' trick or treaters as there are easier local alternative locations that attract them. With friends in these locations I know that outsiders bring a negative edge and I've heard of families who spend the night in a hotel as their homes are virtually uninhabitable for the evening due to overcrowding.

I have less sympathy for the residents of Celebration because they kind of knew what they were getting themselves into when they purchased a home there. Part of the attraction for the residents there is that they are an attraction.

Imagine if you had a street party and a few families from somewhere else visited. In virtually all cases they'd be welcomed. There is always a tipping point and so please don't be a part of that number.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
josephus_fl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thank you for your comments josephus_fl, I wasn't sure whether to actually go trick or treating to be honest I'm thinking more to go for the atmosphere really and just something different to the parks for the evening
Old 15 Oct 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are going about 4pm for a wander round in daytime and ice cream, then table booked at Tavern for 6pm for dinner followed by trick or treating.
I wanted to go earlier but DH said too early...
see you there 🤡🎃🤡
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List