Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by syber32 View Post
My mum gets sea sick she was really bad once on the isles of scilly ferry but it's not a great boat and it was really rough. Dear old Dad 26yrs in the Navy thought it would be a good Anniversary trip!. For the way back she had tablets and a wrist band. Dad also tried to keep her midship on a lower level as youll feel the motion less in that area. I'm hope it will be all okay for you😊
That ferry to the isles of scilly is a killer! Such a shame as it's a beautiful place to go, but I'm never getting on that boat again!
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

I don't mean to be rude in asking but do you/your kids actually get sea sick? In the years of crossing the channel between various combinations of dover/folkestone to calais/Boulogne the only time we've ever had a bad crossing was on the now defunct SeaCat. I've found that the ferries are pretty stable and they deploy stabilisers very quickly should the conditions dictate.

If you are quick on boarding the front bar area on the P&O ships gives a good 180 degree view of the horizon which may help!
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been sick on the Cross Channel ferry, more than once, so if we go we prefer the Tunnel. That said, I've now done my 4th cruise (carefully selected but still) an while we've only had one relatively rough night I was completely fine.

That said, I carry Dramamine (US meds), the wrist band and take ginger tablets too - never had to use any of it but I have it with me just in case.

If you want the train to take longer go to the shopping area before you set off - they can have a run about it there for a bit - we go in part for the speed of crossing though.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List