Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Dining plan explanation please 😀

We are planning to visit Disney Land Paris next June but, despite lots of research, I am still finding the dining plan confusing.

I think we are going to stay at Newport Bay with free half board. Am I right that this includes breakfast at our hotel only, then a voucher to use at the buffets and selected table service restaurants for lunch or dinner? The buffet meals include a soft drink, would we get a drink included at the table service restaurants?

Do we have to choose from a set menu at ts restaurants, if so which set menu, as I notice some restaurants have different price set menus? Is the set menu 2 or 3 courses? How much is the voucher worth if we choose to not eat from the set menu and could we use it for more than one course then (if we had enough credit of course)?

Is there a list of which restaurants are included in our dining plan? As you can see, it’s completely confused me, so I would be grateful for an idiot’s guide please 😀 .

TIA Sue

Edited at 11:22 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

You are correct that half board will get you a breakfast buffet in your hotel and then a voucher per person per night for one other meal (either lunch or dinner). At buffets and table service restaurants you get one soft drink included.

At table service restaurants there will be a set menu that is covered by your vouchers (look for the menu that has a 'plus' logo next to it - as that is the level of meal plan you get when staying at Newport). The menu may say drink not included - that is for people paying out of pocket, ignore that if you are using a meal plan, you still get the soft drink. The set menu will be three courses.

If you don't want to eat off the set menu you can use your vouchers as "cash" instead. This means you can pick items off the regular menu (or choose a more expensive set menu) and pay any extra on top. If you choose to do this you will lose the free drink and will need to pay for all your drinks. At present the plus vouchers have a cash value of €37 for adults and €18 for children.

Have a look at the restaurants included in the plus plan here:
dlpguide/planning/di...of_Restaurants

Hope that helps.

Edited at 10:31 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you Stubbs, that was the perfect explanation 😀 Even I understand it now 😂 Thanks for your help
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List