Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Same here. Not just flights. Any queries I have relating to any aspect of a holiday I just ring the relevant company be it Disney, the airline, insurance company or whoever.
Often information is readily available online and in general I prefer not to have to phone anyone. I’ve normally had to phone FC any time we are using miles for a portion of the flight as we seldom have enough for two straightforward miles flights. FC can tell you the best way to use what you have and price up buying any miles you’re short of. When we called a few years ago they gave us a price for upper and then put us through to the dedicated upper class department. I got excellent service even though in the end we stuck with PE.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Often information is readily available online and in general I prefer not to have to phone anyone. I’ve normally had to phone FC any time we are using miles for a portion of the flight as we seldom have enough for two straightforward miles flights. FC can tell you the best way to use what you have and price up buying any miles you’re short of. When we called a few years ago they gave us a price for upper and then put us through to the dedicated upper class department. I got excellent service even though in the end we stuck with PE.
Very much like me. I tend to book myself but I know the way around their system well.
I even do 1 way Miles flights and use different accounts as well.

The only time I do ring them is for the credit card free upgrades from Econ to PE as they can't be done online.

Actually I prefer to live chat them. That's how I did the last Miles upgrade to UC whilst in Florida. No way was I paying for that call!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Very much like me. I tend to book myself but I know the way around their system well.
I even do 1 way Miles flights and use different accounts as well.

The only time I do ring them is for the credit card free upgrades from Econ to PE as they can't be done online.

Actually I prefer to live chat them. That's how I did the last Miles upgrade to UC whilst in Florida. No way was I paying for that call!
I read one of your previous comments about live chatting in Florida Tom. I couldn’t do that last week, as I didn’t have a laptop with me but I did find a number to text instead of call and they were able to do the upgrade for me. Took 6 texts from start to finish. I wouldn’t have gone looking for another option had I not seen your comment, so thanks!
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I read one of your previous comments about live chatting in Florida Tom. I couldn’t do that last week, as I didn’t have a laptop with me but I did find a number to text instead of call and they were able to do the upgrade for me. Took 6 texts from start to finish. I wouldn’t have gone looking for another option had I not seen your comment, so thanks!
Wow, didn't know that. Well done. I had a heart stopping moment as Live Chat dropped off as I entered my Card details. Thankfully after 5 mins the same Lady popped back on and said she had been waiting for me!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I have just had a text conversation with Flying Club who have confirmed that all Classic and Delight tickets can be upgraded using miles. It is only Light that can’t.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a heads up: you are looking at the wrong t&c. Flying Co is a corporate scheme and they actually announced it will cease to exist last week. You need to look at Flying Club, not Flying Co. As mentioned above all Classic and Delight fares are upgradeable, as well as PE bookings, except in booking class K.

"*Available on purchased tickets only. This applies to tickets issued on VS/DL paper only.

Upgrades are not available from Economy Light, or from K class in Premium to Upper Class."

Source: virginatlantic/gb/en...d-flights.html and click on the Cabin Upgrades tab in the middle of the page.

Edited to add: you can check which "paper" your ticket was issued on by looking at the first three numbers of your e-ticket.
932 is Virgin
006 is Delta
074 is KLM
057 is Air France.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List