Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i used to have a simple microwave, and was happy enough with it, but didn't use it that often. but then i got a combi oven/grill/microwave unit, and would never go back to a normal one ever again... i use it as much for the convection oven as i do the microwave... for smaller things that don't need the main oven warming up, its perfect. plus, I get more consistent results with it than when using my old gas grill

it's also really nice having an additional oven for events where you need to cook a *lot* of food (like xmas)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

After an extensive microwave search earlier this year, we now have this Samsung:

amazon/dp/B00XJRG7...a-434878323322

We found it a lot cheaper than that around £55 so have a google. The thing I really love about it is there's just 2 dials- power and time. I don't need or use 50 different buttons and functions to defrost fish soup or whatever! It's also ceramic coated inside so is very easy to clean and doesn't rust (Which is how our last one died).
Not sure if size matters to you but we also needed a 23l one as we have some large plates that don't fit in smaller microwaves.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I bought a new one a couple of months ago, a Breville b17e9cmsc but I am having severe issues with condensation building up inside. It usually happens when I am cooking things in water like pasta etc and is so bad the oven actually fills up with water under the glass turntable and the door and walls are dripping inside. I always make sure the vents are clear and pull the oven away from the wall but it’s driving me mad!
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all. I went for a Russell Hobbs flatbed microwave that doesn’t have loads of programmes as I don’t use them 😁

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

No, its gorgeous Red and looks fab, however, it sounds like an earthquake. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

cheapest microwave from asda. Its a few years old, has 2 manual dials and just works.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List