Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Glad she made her flight! Hopefully you’ll feel more relaxed when she’s in camp.
I will let you know how it goes and please keep me updated on your dd adventures
She arrived safe and she text me now that she is going to Lincoln near Nebraska for a week which is bigger camp.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Just wondering how everybody getting on?

My DS has said goodbye today to the first weeks campers and is shattered but having a good time - apparently had to deal with a rather large water snake wrapped around his paddle when out kayaking, which he thought was great fun 😳

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

My DD has been gone a week. The campers haven’t arrived yet though, another week to go I think. She loves it so far and has a certificate to say she can drive a motor boat. Think she has a life saving course this week coming as she will be teaching sailing. Strange without her but she is having fun.

Glad I ordered all her toiletries, fleece blanket and chocolate from Target to be delivered to camp for when she arrived as she is in the middle of nowhere and the nights are cold.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m on my way home from Heathrow, leaving dd this morning was awful. She has mixed emotions, I’ve told her to give it 2 weeks and if she hasn’t settled, to come home!
I’m sure she’ll be fine, she’s always wanted to do this and wants to do Disney college programme in the future so hopefully it was just first time nerves.
I’ll be happy when I know she’s happy
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

My DD has a long running camp schedule, she's gone almost 3 weeks already and doesn't finish until the last week of August, she's staying in NY then for 2 weeks so she will be gone almost 4 months in total .

It was hard for her at the start as she was the only person in a large cabin for almost a week before the other camp counselors arrived. Upside was, she had the pick of the bunks. The training was hard in the freezing cold lake (swim coach and lifeguard) but she really enjoyed it.

I couldn't be happier about the camp she's at, they do so much for them, help with tax, free cinema trips etc. They brought them to walmart (she spent $150 ) and a shopping mall on their first day off. Her next day off is tomorrow and they're taking them to Niagara Falls!

The campers have been there a week now, they are a fantastic bunch of kids, they are all friends and are staying for a 6 wk session. DD is great for keeping in touch, she calls or facetimes most days on her break. It takes away the sting of missing her so much.

DD is surprising me so much, she is already after doing 2 loads of laundry herself even though her camp offers laundry service once a week. She wouldn't even know how to turn on the washing machine at home lol

Love hearing about how all your kids are getting on
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I’m on my way home from Heathrow, leaving dd this morning was awful. She has mixed emotions, I’ve told her to give it 2 weeks and if she hasn’t settled, to come home!
I’m sure she’ll be fine, she’s always wanted to do this and wants to do Disney college programme in the future so hopefully it was just first time nerves.
I’ll be happy when I know she’s happy
That's the worst part; waving them through security at the airport , knowing you won't see them physically for months. Honestly your DD will be fine, she'll make friends, settle into camp life and you'll be happy for her.

Keep us up to date of how she's doing
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
That's the worst part; waving them through security at the airport , knowing you won't see them physically for months. Honestly your DD will be fine, she'll make friends, settle into camp life and you'll be happy for her.

Keep us up to date of how she's doing
Thank you, she struggles socially because she doesn’t drink so hopefully camp life will suit her!

Glad your dd is happy, it sounds like she’s having a fantastic time
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Thank you, she struggles socially because she doesn’t drink so hopefully camp life will suit her!

Glad your dd is happy, it sounds like she’s having a fantastic time
I had imagined on DD's nights off at camp they would be hanging out drinking etc (although she's well aware she can't legally drink there as she's under 21) we had the chats about it, she's good with rules but she said they're all so wiped out after the long days they just go to the staff room and watch netflix

I know there's a few that return to the same camp, but think about the amount of kids that are going in the same situation for the first time, they do find each other. It still doesn't stop us worrying. I hope your DD settles in okay
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
I had imagined on DD's nights off at camp they would be hanging out drinking etc (although she's well aware she can't legally drink there as she's under 21) we had the chats about it, she's good with rules but she said they're all so wiped out after the long days they just go to the staff room and watch netflix

I know there's a few that return to the same camp, but think about the amount of kids that are going in the same situation for the first time, they do find each other. It still doesn't stop us worrying. I hope your DD settles in okay
That’s her perfect night!
Thank you, I’m sure I’ll calm down in a few days - I can’t spend months like this!
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My dd is also a non drinker and had no issues at camp with that at all. most of the camp counsellors will be under 21 so drinking is not a big part of camp life.

My dd flew out Friday to New York. She’s spending the weekend exploring the city and catching a bus to camp on Tuesday.

She absolutely loves camp last year and is returning to the same camp this year. She’s doesn’t always find it easy to settle with new people but camp has suited her well.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List