Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Those cocktails look amazing, so does the bunny chow! Really looking forward to reading along.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love Mowgli! Those treacle fries are soooo good 👌🏻
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
The place in Manchester sounds interesting. There is a SA restaurant here in Truro which sells bunny chow. It’s now number 1 on Tripadvisor for the area I believe.
Aw wow i wish we lived closer, we struggle to find south african food in the UK

Originally Posted by rinroo View Post
Those cocktails look amazing, so does the bunny chow! Really looking forward to reading along.
Thank you very much for reading

Originally Posted by Joellybum View Post
I love Mowgli! Those treacle fries are soooo good 👌🏻
It is amazing isnt it, weve only been twice but was awesome both times

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Travel Day- Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport

We headed down for a super early breakfast at the Radisson Blu at 5.20am and it was empty, we settled into one of the booths and Brett poured me a Mimosa (I married the right man!). It’s 5.00 that’s the rule isn’t it?

There was a cold buffet of cheeses, meats, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, yoghurts and granolas. The cheese was amazing especially the blue cheese which I am not normally a fan of and I loved the Garlic Sausage. I also had a little Chocolate Twist. Brett was saving himself for the hot food and just had a bowl of cereal and a coffee.

At 5.30am they started serving the hot buffet of traditional breakfast. We were quite sensible and didn’t over indulge as we knew there was two meals on the flight coming up plus whatever we would want when we got to Disney. I had salmon, eggs, tomato and beans and Brett had sausage, eggs and beans, he also had my salmon as I filled up on everything else.

There was a Mimosa and Bloody Mary bar, that you could help yourself to. We were very good and only had two each as again we knew the alcohol was included on the plane too. One of the best Mimosas I have ever had- the orange juice was so fresh!

Honestly I was so impressed, it was gorgeous and so well presented! The hotel gave us this for free but if you pre-book with your room, it is only £13 per person which I would have happily paid as the airport would have cost more than that without the alcohol! The staff were so lovely, we had a great chat with Paulo who was genuinely interested to hear everyone’s holiday stories

Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

We flew Premium so were one of the first to board the plane and were greeted by the most friendly crew, who noticed our matching tshirts straight away and were so excited, especially when we told them that it was a secret and just the two of us. They brought round the champagne prior to take off and we toasted to our special day and honeymoon, and our first holiday after 3 years together.

It was soon time for the drinks service and pretzels. I ordered Vodka and Diet Coke and Cognac and Diet Coke (where’s the Rum Mr Branson haha) The flight attendant gave us two bottles of spirits each and winked at us.

The food came round and it was actually quite good for aeroplane food, it didn’t taste like a microwave meal- I love how they serve everything in proper plates and glasses in Premium. Brett had the Beef Lasagne and I had Chicken Terryaki, the dessert was a Caramel and Hazelnut Cake. We then had an Amarula shot (a South African favourite). The crew brought us another two bottles of spirits each but we had declined the wine with lunch. They also bring you a little Fab icelolly.

The flight seemed to fly by (probably because I was feeling a bit fresh now from four doubles of vodka and diet coke!). It was soon time for afternoon tea but the Flight Manager said she wanted us to have ours at the Upper Class Bar with a glass of champagne. I was completely overwhelmed and couldn’t believe it. A really nice American guy started talking to us and was telling us about Orlando and asking about our wedding. The afternoon tea was really good, we shared one of each sandwich- Cheese and Tomato and Chicken and Pesto. Both were delicious and packed with filling, I do love sandwiches! The cakes were a scone with jam and clotted cream, Blackberry Macaron and Passion Fruit Éclair. These were absolutely beautiful, really fresh and strong fruity flavours.

We were asked if we wanted to sample the Upper Class Bar food and were brought some Sliders for us to enjoy. Brett ate mine as I was so full and he said they were amazing. As if that wasn’t enough, we were then presented with a hamper of a bottle of champagne, sweets, card and a flight map of the journey to our wedding signed by the Captain and all the crew. They kept topping up our champagne until it was time to go back to our seats for landing. I don’t know how we weren’t hammered.

Casey’s Corner, Magic Kingdom

Once we were unpacked in Animal Kingdom Lodge, we headed to Magic Kingdom and got some Corn Dog Nuggets from Casey's Corner for Brett to try his first ever corn dog and they didn’t disappoint! He was loving the American service already. I think they are the best idea ever- hot dog in a donut, sweet mixed with savoury! We ate these stood in front of the castle. The fries were also amazing too- there is something about Disney fries!

Gaston’s Tavern, Magic Kingdom

I took Brett to Gaston's Tavern for a La Fou's Brew and he fell in love with this as I thought he would. It is a frozen apple and marshmallow drink with passionfruit foam. It is very sweet but refreshing at the same time. We enjoyed this while we watched the fireworks.

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Fantastic food pictures!😃
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 1- Food Court, All Star Music

We were getting the bus from All Star Music to Kennedy Space Centre at 8.05am but decided to set off a bit earlier and get breakfast from the food court.

I had a Mimosa- it was really refreshing!

and the Bounty Platter (Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon, and a Mickey Waffle)

I left the bacon as I really don’t like overcooked bacon and they cremate it in America, the Mickey waffle was good drenched in maple syrup and you can’t go wrong with scrambled eggs and potatoes!

Brett had a very healthy breakfast of Backstage Pass (Chocolate Milkshake with Bourbon)
The milkshake was also very filling and so sickly sweet- he managed to finish most of it though.

and Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Bacon and Sausage. He could only manage one and a half pancakes as they were huge but so fluffy and chocolately with lots of syrup!

Both meals were decent size portions and a good use of a QS credit that would keep us going nicely until dinner.

Milky Way Icecream, Kennedy Space Centre

We shared a mid-afternoon snack- a mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream waffle sundae. It was delicious and very bad for you. Brett ate the waffle (no idea how after pancakes for breakfast) and I ate most of the icecream.

Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

We had dinner at Boma back at our hotel. I had high hopes for this meal as there were a few South African dishes such as Boerewors stew, Bobotie and Pap and Chakalaka. The food smelt amazing and we weren’t disappointed. I just had the one plate of food but it was delicious. Brett managed two plates and left room to sample the famous Zebra Domes (I get why they are so popular!). We didn’t manage to take any pictures of the buffet as it was so busy and there was always a queue. We managed to sample the Bobotie, which is spicy minced meat topped with scrambled egg and flavoured with curry spices such as cumin and coriander, it was really good. Pap and Chakalaka is a tomato salsa and creamy maize- it sounds really simple but it is delicious and tasted great with the strip loin from the carving station. I had a lot of shrimp too which were cooked really well.

We had a couple of cocktails

African Rum Runner (Pink Pigeon African Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Creme De Banana, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, and Grenadine)

Raspberry Mojito (Bacardi Raspberry Rum, Lime Juice, Mint, Raspberry Puree, Topped with Soda Water)

Watermelon Margarita (Patron Silver Tequila, Watermelon, and Fresh Lime Juice)

If I’m honest they weren’t the best but not terrible- I think they overkill the sugar syrup in some of the Disney bars. Our server was lovely and brought us a cute little cupcake and a glass of champagne each for our honeymoon.

2025- Seville

Old 7 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Loving this report. Your treatment on the plane was amazing!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Just caught up , what an amazing start , the food in Manchester looked out of this world, really would like to try this if i ever get the opportunity. Staff on the flight really looked after you guys, so Kudos to them for that.
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Fantastic food pictures!😃
Thank you

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Loving this report. Your treatment on the plane was amazing!
Thank you very much, it really was we were so lucky

Originally Posted by Craig_ld View Post
Just caught up , what an amazing start , the food in Manchester looked out of this world, really would like to try this if i ever get the opportunity. Staff on the flight really looked after you guys, so Kudos to them for that.
Thank you, Mowgli is so good- they have places in Oxford, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham and Nottingham. I honestly was not expecting anything on the flight, the extra drinks would have been a nice touch for us but they really did go above and beyond

2025- Seville

Old 7 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
How amazing were the flight attendants on your flight, fantastic way to start your honeymoon.

Ahh Carey’s corn dog nuggets, love these. Food at boma looked good, never eaten there yet.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List