Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Did ask at pharmacy but they didn’t seem to really understand. They did point out naproxen to me but unfortunately naproxen doesn’t seem to do anything. This was in Walmart so will try Publix.

So cross at myself. I haven’t been like this since Easter and usually only get bad every six months ish. Typical
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracy34 View Post
My DD22 takes Midol ...you can buy them in Walmart. They have their own version as well.

They work for her and she has the same issues as yourself.

I don't know if they are as strong as codeine though.
Will try this. Thank you.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Did ask at pharmacy but they didn’t seem to really understand. They did point out naproxen to me but unfortunately naproxen doesn’t seem to do anything. This was in Walmart so will try Publix.

So cross at myself. I haven’t been like this since Easter and usually only get bad every six months ish. Typical
Go to an actual pharmacy (like cvs) not a supermarket.
U need to speak to a pharmacist x
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Will try this. Thank you.
When you're looking at medicines please bear in mind that Acetaminophen is just what they call paracetamol in America. They're exactly the same, just a different name. My apologies if you already know this, I wouldn't want you to take too much paracetamol.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Go to an actual pharmacy (like cvs) not a supermarket.
U need to speak to a pharmacist x
I echo this. Please speak to someone at the pharmacy counter. The big Walmart branches have pharmacy counters and some branches of Walgreens and CVS also have have walk-in clinics.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with speaking to a pharmacist but I doubt there is a chance you will get codeine without a US prescription. Naproxen is the strongest I know of over the counter and usually quite good for cramps etc. Such a shame it doesn't work for you. If the pharmacist can't suggest anything else you need to ring your insurance company and see a doctor. I suspect that the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner run clinics at some CVS/Walgreens can't prescribe opioids but it might be worth checking as they are much cheaper and can be less than your insurance deductible.
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think Naproxen is about the strongest you can buy over the counter
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Tramadol is a controlled drug... i had mine counted so i wasnt taking too many in. As someone has mentioned massive opiod issue.
Try getting the otc nighttime meds as they contain melatonin to help sleep.
Deff ask staff at cvs or walgreens and see if u can get an actipatch as non medicated xx
I’ve taken Tramadol into the US for many years, and never had it counted. The most that’s ever happened was customs checking the label on the box. Most times never even checked. I carry a Doctors letter and a copy prescription to cover.
You must have had a really strict officer!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Naproxen isn’t a pain killer it’s a nsaid.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List