Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Ouch!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 14, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

That's just crazy money for what six hours, sorry Disney that's over the top, $1500 for the five of us.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Let me get this straight - basically it is $300 each to get front of line access to a selection of rides listed, transport to and from 3 parks plus a table service meal?

Am I missing something?

You can get fast passes for all these rides (albeit it would be over 2-3 days) but these are FREE, Transport to each of the parks is also FREE and a table service meal is $30 - $50 per person max.

I would want to know what other extras were included in order to part with $300 per person as this really doesn't sound like a good deal to me.
Old 29 Jun 14, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
" This VIP tour will last for 6-7 hours and give you access to thrill rides at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. The tour starts out in the Magic Kingdom, where guests will ride Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Next up is a table service lunch at one of the Disney resorts. After lunch, head over to Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Mania!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. Animal Kingdom will be the last stop on the tour for Expedition Everest and Dinosaur!"

Now yes its expensive, but you get to the front of the cue for each of the rides and they are classed as the top rides. No queue, no FP queue, just straight via the back door to the ride.

Now this is for those who fly business class to get of the plane first, dont have to queue at checkin, priority boarding.
This is for those who spend £5000 PP to stay at the Polynesian.

Its a VIP trip, its not meant for the majority of people its intended for people who want the VIP treatment! The price is high to keep it exclusive. Just in a way that business class is £0000 more than a standard seat on the same plane.
grinner82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 14, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Even if I had the money I wouldn't sign up, it's not special , as others have said nothing unique ... Also you have to have normal park admission too ?
Old 30 Jun 14, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

there are always some rich mugs out there!
Old 30 Jun 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PeppermintCream
Excited about Disney

If you are a large group of 10 then the private VIP tour works out cheaper for 6 hours ($189pp) and you get to do what you want but that doesn't include the cost of a meal, and I guess you'd need to tip as well. We are considering doing this on our next trip as we'll be a large group on a short trip, and the friends we are travelling with are unlikely to return to they can cram in a lot and make the most of it. We have budgeted for this, and think it will be good value for money for us and our situation.

I don't think these particular two tours suit our needs at the moment. They are more for under fives, and teens/adults. However DP did the universal group VIP tour (similar to the older disney one) when he did a tour of California and Las Vegas. He and his brother had one day to do Universal and were never planning to go back (to California or the USA haha) so wanted to make the most of it and thought it great value for money. Which is what got us into VIP tours. There are many situations where VIP tours are good value for money.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
PeppermintCream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List