Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
FastPass+ Kiosk Changes

inline imageWalt Disney World Resort continues to make changes to their FastPass+ services that aim to create a more seamless and easy-to-understand process.A few changes have been made to the way park FastPass+ kiosks work. It is now much easier to change an existing FastPass+ selection, as the screen options have now been grouped together:

Beginning 24th July, Guests using an park FastPass+ kiosk, will have the option to modify a currently selected experience and choose a different time and or a different experience simultaneously.

Guests touch their RFID MagicBand or Ticket at a kiosk to display their current FastPass+ itinerary. Experiences eligible for modification will be displayed with the “Make Changes” button. If at least one party member has not redeemed a selection, the “Make Changes” button will be enabled, and the next screen will indicate which Guests are eligible for the modification.

A message will display to Guests if there are no alternate experiences and/or times available. These will display if a selection was originally available but no longer has availability since the Guest selected the Modify button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fpkiosk1.jpg
Views:	28215
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	56421  
Old 20 Jul 14, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

They do need changes, we found many people struggling to modify even with staff members available, one example is if you have not used your three fast passes you could not book another for later even if the time for your third one had passed. We had a member of our party not willing to use her third one due to feeling unwell and it basically blocked her for the rest of the day.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
They need to do a lot of changes.

We never got to make any 4th selections as the lines were so horrendously long. You need to be able to do that on a smartphone.

We also had someone join us later in the day and she couldn't link her ticket to ours the only time we tried to make an extra selection as she hadn't used her 3 already.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Cupcake's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What happens in the following scenario. My husband doenst really go on very many rides at all as they make him feel ill. In the past i would use his ticket and get a fastpass and then my son would use his own and then go on again using dads fastpass. I have booked all our fastpasses and have booked each time for my husband, can my son take husbands magic band and use it etc?

Thanks.
Old 21 Jul 14, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I believe the official line is no as it says on the bands that they are non-transferable (probably more important for park entry though).

In practice I have read of people doing it, but also heard of one or two cases where it wasn't allowed. I suspect most CMs turn a blind eye, and if a 6-foot rugby player shows up on their screens as a woman called Michelle they would be far too polite to ask...!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
What happens in the following scenario. My husband doenst really go on very many rides at all as they make him feel ill. In the past i would use his ticket and get a fastpass and then my son would use his own and then go on again using dads fastpass. I have booked all our fastpasses and have booked each time for my husband, can my son take husbands magic band and use it etc?

Thanks.
A cast member at the fast pass board actually told us to do that in future to avoid future problems, I'm guessing she would never admit to it though.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

thats if you ever get to the front of the queues waiting to use the fastpass kiosk----I gave up with my phone as all i got was===we are having difficulties
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I believe the official line is no as it says on the bands that they are non-transferable (probably more important for park entry though).

In practice I have read of people doing it, but also heard of one or two cases where it wasn't allowed. I suspect most CMs turn a blind eye, and if a 6-foot rugby player shows up on their screens as a woman called Michelle they would be far too polite to ask...!
Haha brilliant. Must give the CM's a chuckle
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ruthhutchinson
Imagineer

They need to make it that if you have hopper tickets you should be able to make a 4th Fp selection for another park whilst your in different park to it would save a lot of time & hassle ESP if you could do it on your phone
ruthhutchinson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 14, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
weescotty17
Looking for my Ears

The mobile app only really works after the parks are closed - I think the server struggles to cope during the day. The only way we could add more fastpasses was to go to a kiosk where even their system was running slow - then we couldn't get any of the rides we wanted. I wonder what percentage of fastpass bookings are used. How many people book fastpasses 30 days out then change their plans and not even go to the park that day? At least the old way, you had to be at the park to book a fastpass.
weescotty17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List